cheryl_uk

Default Hi I'm Cheryl_uk and I am really-really STUCK

My Fathers Mothers side of the Family first went to India in c1821 and I have been able to trace them back to England to my Father, although I have not been able to go back any further then 1804 which is the birth of my dads x4 gt grandfather Richard Farrow 1807 Born in Lincoln.
    My Dads Father Father was born in Stone Staffordshire and went to India Via South Africa and the Boar War.
    My Mothers Father Came from Forfar Scotland and went to India in 1907 aged 19years with the Black Watch.
    So that is what I have found out and know to be correct.
    My Brick Wall is my Mothers Grandmother Virginia Esther Matthews. I know she firstly married Joseph Vincent 1853-1878 they had what I now know to be 2 children. She then married my Gt Grandfather William Francis Ralph and had 5 children one of these being my Grandmother, however she is listed as Widowed Virginia Vincent. It is suggested that her father was Alexander Maylark Matthews but looking further into his other children I do not think that it is him. Can ANYONE out there possibley help with Virginia Esther Matthews either her birth certificate or the original marriage certificate to Mr Vincent.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Cheryl's post seems to be a query about Virgina Esther Matthews.
    There is already a thread about Virginia, and it can be found here

I would suggest that replies about Virginia continue to be posted in that thread so that all the information stays together.

Pam
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 10-02-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Called Virgina 'Esther' by mistake