+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Knowledgeable and helpful
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benny1982 View Post
    Sorry to say this but I think football is overrated. I support Spurs (please no rivalry jokes now). I have been to the stadium a few times. I dont mind footie but you can get too much of it and I dont fret if I miss a match on TV. It is not one of my strongest interests.
    "Footie" is the holy grail in Victoria, Australia - fans cannot get enough of it. The term relates to Australian Rules which is a really exciting game to watch live - Go the CROWS!!!

Name well known on Brit-Gen
    Thanks

I often wish the 'Crows' would go, but the sound of the black featheered variety always tells me I'm HOME!
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Starting to feel at home.
    Thanks

My pet hate,is the obscene wages of the sporting fraternity,namely football,in any country.My husband worked it out that he would have had to worked 10 years compared with Wayne Roonies weekly pay.As i say obscene.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelnut View Post
    My pet hate,is the obscene wages of the sporting fraternity,namely football,in any country.My husband worked it out that he would have had to worked 10 years compared with Wayne Roonies weekly pay.As i say obscene.
    I agree 100%. And what is more obscene is that Tiger Woods used to commend megabucks just to turn up at a tournamemt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    I often wish the 'Crows' would go, but the sound of the black featheered variety always tells me I'm HOME!
    I was wearing one of the premiership shirts just last weeks - ah, fond memories

Famous for offering help & advice
    Thanks

If Harry Redknapp lived in the 1800s he'd have found poor rates taxing and would have signed The Mark Of lol. This is a joke based on his claims that he could not read or write when up for tax evasion.

Settled in very nicely!
    Thanks

Yes I agree that managers are overpaid and so are the majority of players. Today [unlike in my youth], sport is business and the owners only are interested in making money. As a result they pay what they [the owners] are prepared to pay and salaries go into the stratosphere.

On Saturday last I witnessed via television, the game between Tottenham and Bolton and what happened to Fabrice Muamba.

Along with those in attendance and the millions watching on television it was obvious that is was still a sport and that a young human being, regardless of race, colour or salary he earned, was fighting for his life and deserved our support.

I, for one, said a prayer for him that night.

Colin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    On Saturday last I witnessed via television, the game between Tottenham and Bolton and what happened to Fabrice Muamba.

Along with those in attendance and the millions watching on television it was obvious that is was still a sport and that a young human being, regardless of race, colour or salary he earned, was fighting for his life and deserved our support.

I, for one, said a prayer for him that night.

Colin
    Unfortunately some clown tweeted racial comments about the incident. Fortunately he is being prosecuted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2