Colin Rowledge

Default Found some records of life events but -----?

Are they not complete on Ancestry?

John Rowledge and Frances Wright would appear to be my 5XGt.-grandparents.

John and Frances narried after Banns on December 11, 1758 in Churchover, Warwickshire. 2 children were baptised in Churchover on May 22, 1759. In each case the parents were indicated as John and Frances - the names were Elizabeth and John.
    The next 3 baptisms are in Church Lawford [which I believe to be a nighbouring Parish]
    Mary - October 31, 1762
    Samuel - December 7, 1766 [he is 4X GG-Father]
    Ruth - April 2, 1770.

John senior would appear to have been buried in Church Lawford on February 8, 1808.
    Frances would appear to have been buried in Church Lawford on November 28, 1814.

The sources for the burials are:
    John - Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials 1535-1812
    Frances - Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry

A baptism for a Frances Wright would appear to have taken place in Churchover on November 7, 1736. The parents are indicated as John and Mary Wright

As John Rowledge and Frances Wright were married after Banns, I suspect that John Rowledge was baptised in the same Parish as Frances, but I cannot find a baptism for him that fits.

I also have not found a satifactory marriage for the John and Mary who are the parents of Frances. There are however several public trees on Ancestry with Frances being the daughter of a John and Mary. These indicate that John Wright has no birth details and that Mary was one Mary Haycock born about 1720. Somehow, I don't think that this is correct as Frances was baptised in 1736 and this Mary would only have been about 16 years old at that time

Can someone assist me in finding these missing events?

Thanks

Knowledgeable and helpful

Family Search has John Wright m Mary Haycock 1729 Holy Trinity, Coventry. The date would fit with the first baptism at Churchover of John in 1732. but I haven't looked on the map to see how close Churchover is to Coventry.
    She certainly couldn't have been born in 1720 though!

Most likely is the daughter of Job and Alice, baptised 17 Feb 1707 at Holy Trinity.

checked the map - 14 miles so quite possible.

Colin Rowledge

Hi lesleys
    Thank you for the information above.

I will look into this aspect and get back.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by lesleys View Post
    Family Search has John Wright m Mary Haycock 1729 Holy Trinity, Coventry. The date would fit with the first baptism at Churchover of John in 1732. but I haven't looked on the map to see how close Churchover is to Coventry.
    She certainly couldn't have been born in 1720 though!
    The marriage of John Wright and Mary Haycock looked promising, but on December 1, 1732 in Holy Trinity, Coventry where John and Mary married, I seem to have located a baptism of a John Wright there. Somehow, I can't see a 2nd baptism in Churchover 3 days later.

In addition to the John and Frances that we have being baptised in Churchover, I also have baptisms for children of John and Mary as follows also in Churchover:
    Mary - October 2, 1726
    Esther -November 7, 1736

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    John Rowledge and Frances Wright would appear to be my 5XGt.-grandparents.

John and Frances narried after Banns on December 11, 1758 in Churchover, Warwickshire. 2 children were baptised in Churchover on May 22, 1759. In each case the parents were indicated as John and Frances - the names were Elizabeth and John.

Can someone assist me in finding these missing events?

Thanks
    I have yet to resolve their daughter, Elizabeth, however the son John baptised at the same time as Elizabeth, may have died in Church Lawford.

I have found what appears to be a burial in Church Lawford on February 5, 1808. The name is John Rowledge, he appears to be unmarried, but as there is no indication of age in the parish register I don't know if this is miy chap or not?

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    I have yet to resolve their daughter, Elizabeth, however the son John baptised at the same time as Elizabeth, may have died in Church Lawford.

I have found what appears to be a burial in Church Lawford on February 5, 1808. The name is John Rowledge, he appears to be unmarried, but as there is no indication of age in the parish register I don't know if this is miy chap or not?
    I can confirm that Elizabeth was buried 30 May 1759 in Churchover

As for the death and burial of John Rowledge 5 February 1808 it is almost with certainty that I state that this relates to the Father and as a result I am still needing to resolve the life of John baptised 22 May 1759