Nicolina

Default Success, thanks to GRO mistake

for years I have been searching for my Great Grandfather prior to his marriage and had exhausted all my ideas. Even my "silly searches" had failed to find him, then whilst looking at his marriage certificate this evening, I noticed that they had mistakenly entered his name as George HARRINSON, not HARRISON. It was just the incentive I needed to start searching again. There was nothing under the name George HARRINSON, or John HARRINSON, the name of one of the witnesses, but I'd started so I carried on and finally found what I'd been missing.
    The 1861 Census (RG09 piece 2352 folio 90 page 4)shows him as 10 months old, living in Welby, Lincolnshire with father George, mother Ann and 3 siblings. After that he disappears, although I have followed his family through the 1871 & 1881 Censuses, he just isn't with them.
    Not a total success story but I'm over the moon and have loads of new leads to follow.
    As for John HARRISON, the witness, there are two possibles - a brother and an uncle, though I tend to lean towards the brother.
    Elaine.

Mutley

Well done!
    It does prove that name variations are well worth searching for.

Nicolina

in one respect I feel so stupid. I've had the certificate for 2 1/2 years and never noticed the mistake before. Wonder if I can get a refund. lol!!!!!