I previously posted trying to find out about records for Patience BOX and I now have her birth certificate. In the 1901 census Patience is with her mother in Wolverhampton Union Workhouse, age 18 months, but her birth certificate shows she was born in Union Workhouse, Burnley in 1899.

Are the records for births in the workhouse still available and will I be able to find out about why she was admitted? I have so many questions about her, her sisters and brother and her father, George Gilbert Box, but George is another story and quite 'seedy' too, or so it appears.

I can't find the brother and sisters in the 1901 census nor her father. Where would the other children be? Where is George? In 1891 he was lodging, age 24years in Dudley, status as married and employed as a Boot and Shoe Maker.

I have found his service records, incorrect age, never seemed to have seen active duty and on discharge, his real age comes to light, he seems to have gained an additional 10 years from enlisted. At enlistment in 1915 he states he is NOT married. How usual would it have been for someone like him to have been divorced, in that era?

Sorry, sorry, sorry - lots of questions.