pat1

Default translater from french to English required

This is my first time here so please forgive any mistakes

My great uncle was an elephant trainer with pinders circus in france around 1900. He was called Mr Curley and his elephant was Punch. I found a web page all about them. I managed to translate the page, but there is also some talk which i cant translate.
    Is there someone that could have a listen and let me know what is said.

https://translate.google.co.uk/transl...26prmd%3Dimvns

I have some other details which were sent to me.

"Testimonies specify that at his return from a tournée with the circus, he realized that his wife cuckolded him. So he disapeared suddenly. Punch, alone, became violent and was shot by 12 soldiers, called by Arthur Pinder on 1st December 1907.
    Punch was stuffed by the Museum of Toulouse (Haute-Garonne). It is still exposed at the museum and remains a good amusement for the pupils in visit.
    It seems that Curley (also named "captain Curley") lived with his wife at the base of the circus Pinder, La Villedieu, Tarn-et-Garonne, in the area of Montauban.
    It is where to search more detail. It is possible to search the marriage records and the census at the Archives of Tarn-et-Garonne. May be also the passports of foreign people."

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you
    Pat
    Last edited by pat1; 15-01-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Link broken

Davran

As far as I can make out:
    The first extract deals with the infidelity of Mrs Curley, who amused herself with several young men during the absence of her husband. He was unable to forgive her and left.

The second extract is a little easier and talks about how Punch, saddened by the departure of Curley and lacking exercise, became enraged by some of the horses and attacked and killed them. A local villager, who loved animals and used to bring Punch treats, was also attacked, but managed to escape.

If you could manage to get printed excerpts it would be much easier to translate. Perhaps you could get a photocopy from the museum in Toulouse, or they might give you a translation.

Fascinating story!

pat1

Hi
    All the information i have of him in France is from the website. Fred went to France around 1900. Last known of in the 1891 UK census. I dont know when he returned to UK but I guess it was when he walked out the circus. I do know he left from the UK to Canada in 1910 or 1912

Thank you