Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost in Ireland

Knowledgeable and helpful

After a lot more research and the recent possession of a letter written by Elizabeth to James in 1876 I am making great progress.

I now know that Waringstown is the right place. Elizabeth died in 1884 and was taken back to Donaghcloney to be buried.
    Still no idea where John Ncholson fits in but sure now that Elizabeth was the housekeeper at Court na Farraga in Killiney.

Thanks to Elwyn for advising me that records are available at PRONI regarding marriages and baptisms at Church of Ireland at Donaghcloney.

So near but so far away!! Can anyone advise me on how I can gain this information. Does the PRONI conduct searches at a cost. Any idea how much they charge to look up info in the same Church record for specified people?

PRONI will do specific look up for reasonably precise information eg "marriage of X & Y at Z church in March 1830". They won’t do a trawling search eg look for the marriage all years between 1820 and 1840. They charge something like £15.50 for each 15 minutes of work. You can e-mail them to ask if they will search for you, and if so, the approx cost. Or if you want, I may be able to help you. If interested, send me a PM.
    ELWYN

Thank you so much for your reply and kind offer.
    I will PM you today.

Dargie,

I have tried to reply to your PM but your PM box is full and so my message was rejected. Perhaps you could delete a few messages?
    ELWYN

My apologies for the inconvenience, Elwyn
    I did empty out my In Box yesterday and I thought I had let you know but maybe it did not go through. Hopefully there should be no problem now.
    Marj.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12