Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    obbie

Default free dublin BMD records . co kerry too

came across this site which is new to me and brilliantly easy and FREE to use . have fun . www.
    irishgenealogy.ie

josie7644

Default Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by obbie View Post
    came across this site which is new to me and brilliantly easy and FREE to use . have fun . www.
    irishgenealogy.ie
    Hello obbie!

Thank you so much for sharing this site! Within minutes of searching, I found the Baptism of my g/grandmother's sister, in Dublin, in 1840. Her name was Mary Anne Gorman and her parents were Bernard and Elizabeth - EXACTLY the right names! Wow! I'm reeling!

I'm off now to search for more ancestors!

Thanks again! Josie

v.wells

Too bad they don't state what years are covered but it is still FREE which is great. I have bookmarked it and will make good use of it, I hope. Thanks for the link!

Famous for offering help & advice

Some folks are doing alot of good work... unfortunatly not in the parts of Ireland I am searching.........yet.

sue

SueNSW

I think someone else posted about it a few days ago but thanks again

I have to go back and check what avenues I can possibly pursue - I have had an absolutely no clues, pre civil registration brickwall from Ireland for ever - and when this site was posted before I had a look on the off chance and have found a tiny glimmer of a possibility - so now I have to look seriously at Irish research - having dismissed it for so long in the "too hard basket"

Cheers
    Sue

Buccaneer

Thanks I just managed to get the baptism of my great great aunt

CanadianCousin

WhooHoo!!
    I didn't expect anything when I read this post, as my mother's family all came from Co. Cork. However, the parish they lived in - Castletownbere (a.k.a. Castletown Bearhaven) - was in the diocese of Kerry, and those records are included on this site. So far, I've found both of my maternal grandparents' baptisms, a marriage for one set of great-grandparents (as well as their baptisms), and the marriages for two sets of great-great-grandparents. I did have those particular events already (which is how I found them so quickly), but the records provided additional detail that I didn't have, and I'll definitely be searching for more relatives there. This is the most amazing information that I've found in years.

THANK YOU OBBIE!!!!

Tim

obbie

just been lookin at site again .

on main page , box , central signposting index , you can search Armagh Cavan Derry Donegal Fermanagh Leitrim Limerick Mayo Sligo Tyrone Wexford for irish family history foundation records for birth baptism marriage griffiths val and tithe applot books and 1901 census . you can search for nothing but records do cost you . ive used the limerick one and got good results but family i was lookin for had unusual not so common name .

also dublin north suburbs is , google , swords historical society
    dublin south suburbs , google , dun laoghaire heritage & genealogy
    search both for nothing but fee to see

on dublinheritage.ie home page you can search birth and marriage free for some dublin parishes

im sure these sites are elready listed here on B-G forums but thought id mention them again as dublin genealogy is so hard to crack

Brendan Joseph

Obbie,

The site lists Dublin City records, Dublin County have yet to be added.

Brendan

obbie

hi brendan , sorry to say that it looks like that there will only be the city centre records as IFHF swords historical society (north side) and
    dun laoghaire heritage and genealogy (south side) have them .
    they wont overlap into each other as both are goverment backed . so what ever ones arent on North side or south side IFHF sites will be added to free dublin site .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast