Thread: bdking

bdkingsley

Smile bdking

Hello

I live in British Columbia , on Vancouver Island and have joined this forum in hope that I can locate perhaps some picture's or a little information on my great uncle . Died in battle( I assume) in France ( another assumption as he is buried in La Clytte Military cemetary)
    Died at about the age of 19 years of age(april 28 1918) and was in the South Staffordshire Reigiment.

I have researched his father( my greatgrandfather) and followed him thru a career in Shanghai which has proven to be very interesting so far. His oldest son( my great uncle) is a great mystery as he died so early in life.
    Recently a movie was released by Disney "war horse" and it really sparked my interest as it appeared that my great uncle could have gone thru very similar experiences before his very untimely death.

So this will be my start to researching his short career in the army. I have pictures of him on a horse in that era , so could possibly lead to something in that direction.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Bruce

Jane Elderfield

Hello, Bruce,

Welcome from another Canadian. I HIGHLY recommend this forum.

You'll find that Brit-Gen members are very willing to help solve problems in fam.hist. They often know of obscure sources of info, or they live in the place your ancesors did, and can give you on-the-spot help.

The trick is to find the right sub-forum, and to post some key details in the title of the message, then to outline as clearly as you can what you've already found, and what puzzle you're working on.

We're looking forward to seeing how your puzzles are solved.

Jane E