Val Goddard

Default Death certificate

I am trying to get the death certificate of a James Hutchinson Lewis who died/was killed in the Boer War. He came from Nottingham and in St Mary's Church Nottingham on the War memorial under Robin Hood Rifles Boer War there is a Pte J H Lewis died Oct 23 1901 at Krugersdorp. (https://southwellchurches.nottingham....xintwarmem.php) This sounds a likely candidate and hence I would like to get the death certificate to see if it confirms whether this is the right guy. When I go to Find my Past and look for Army deaths at this time I get 2 J H Lewis one from 1 Derbyshire Regt and one Royal Field Artillery. Are either of these likely to be the Robin Hood Rifles Man?? On Ancestry's UK Casualties of the Boer War the same guy is listed as being in the Sherwood Foresters. I'm very confused.....

Reputation beyond repute

The Robin Hood Rifles were volunteers and in the Boer War they fought as part of the Sherwood Foresters which was then termed the Derbyshire Regiment. I think that means that your Robin Hood Rifles man was most probably the 1 Derbyshire man.

SueNSW

Deleted