pajero

Default Stickley and Boiling

Hi Folks,
    a Happy New Year to everyone
    in reference to my post on the 03-11-11 I seem to be making a bit of progess now I have got the certificates for Charles Stickley and in fact your right his father was indeed Henry Stickley 1841 and his mother was Elizabeth Boiling not Elizabeth Maidment , I have used the census`s to find out that Henry`s father and mother were George Stickley 1811 from Milbourne Dorset and his mother was Eliza 1811 from Stoborough dorset.
    Elizabeth Boilings Parents are a bit more confusing in the 1861 census she is living with a sibling John and His wife Mary Ann and there mother Francis Boiling ,1802 who was a widow, all from Milbourne St Andrew but nothing else shows up in the earlyer census`s which seems a bit odd but I am stuck again nothing seems to show up in the Dorset OPC or the census`s so any help would be gratefully recieved

many thanks

pennydog

This looks like the family in 1851 H0107/1853/95/6 at Milton Lane Milbourne St Andrew - note the spelling.

Francis Boyling widow age 49 pauper/char woman (chare woman on original)
    Henry age 16 son ag lab
    Eliza age 13 daughter
    Ellen age 11 daughter
    Elizabeth age 9

All born Milbourne Dorset

pennydog

This looks like them in 1841 - yet another spelling variation Boilen HO107-278-3/2-2 at Amen Corner, Bere Regis, Milbourne Styleham

Robert Boilen age 40 ag lab
    Francis age 35
    John age 12
    Henry age 6
    Eliza age 3
    Ellen age 1

Interestingly the next family on the schedule is Stephen Stickley age 25, Sarah age 35, Isabella 9, Charles 7 and Mary 1.

pajero

Thanks for your quick replys I should have guessed the spelling of the name no wonder nothing showed up in the census`s

thans again

pajero