Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Orielbenfro

From my transcription of the parish registers of Pembroke St Mary 1711 to 1950’s for all Baptism, Mrge and Burial, not to be confused with Certificates post Sept 1837 I note for your interest the following ;
    From the St Mary Baptism Register which covers the period 1822 to 1847 I note ;
    27 Oct 1830 Elizabeth Kenniford to William & Elizabeth Kenniford of Pembroke a Cabinet Maker baptised by C. Philipps.
    (Rev Charles Philipps was the Vicar of St Mary at this time)
    (A further 2 Kenniford Children where baptised at St Mary, alas not George)

There is no reference to any Kenniford Baptism in or around Cosh at the time of your interest.

From my transcription of the parish registers of Pembroke St Michael 1711 to 1950’s for all Baptism, Mrge and Burial I note the following ;
    From the St Michael Baptism Register for the period covering 1813 to 1839 I note
    06 Nov 1836 Elizabeth Kenniford to William & Elizabeth Kenniford of the Eastend a Cabinet Maker by James Dalton.
    (Note James Dalton was the curate of St Mary at this time)

From the same Pembroke St Michael Transcription but from the Mrge Register which covers the period 1814 to 1837 I note that
    07 Oct 1827 William Kenniford of the parish of Pembroke St Mary mrd Elizabeth Davies a spinster of Pembroke St Michael by banns in fron of G. Philipps. Both signed their names in the presence of Geo. Fynn and Geo. Froyne.
    (Note Geo Froyne was Parish Clerk of St Michael at this time)

From the same Pembroke St Michael Transciption from the Burial Register which covers the period 1813 to 1845 I note that
    08 Apr 1843 Elizabeth Kenniford of the Eastend buried aged 6 yrs by Will Lloyd
    31 Jul 1831 Elizabeth Kenniford of Pembroke buried aged 10 months by James Dalton
    14 Feb 1828 John Kenniford of Pembroke buried aged 03 days by Chas Philipps
    04 Apr 1843 Owen Davies Kenniford of the Eastend buried aged 02 months by Will Lloyd
    11 Aug 1833 Sarah Kenniford of Pembroke buried aged 06 weeks by Jas Dalton
    11 Aug 1833 William Kenniford of Pembroke buried aged 21 months by Jas Dalton
    24 Apr 1842 William Kenniford of the Eastend buried aged 81 yrs by W. Bowling
    05 Jan 1845 William Kenniford of the Eastend buried aged 41 yrs by Will Lloyd
    (Note let me know if you want to understand the subtle difference between the Eastend and Pembroke, which are both in the same town and on the same street)

I suggest you refer to https://cat.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon

Use the E.C.C. of St David’s from the drop down menu and choice the surname Kenniford, this may well assist your research.

You have clearly received much info and without reading all and every entry there appears to be a problem with the mrge of Elizabeth Kenniford to Thos Jones. Is it possible that Elizabeth Kenniford re-mrd post 1845 to Thomas Jones.

If after you have digested all the info given and you think I can further assist please let me know, I can check out specific items for you on a future visit to the Pembs Record Office with no bother.
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro

rachil

wow i dont even know where to begin or how to thankyou for the information you given so far, i was under the impression thomas jones and elizabeth kenniford married in 1840 in the st paul bristol area they are on the 1841 census at penn street st paul bristol with no occupations showing, and having their first child alfred in the same year 1840,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i clicked on the link you sent me but im at a loss with it, i dont see any link to E.C.C. of st davids, i really dont know what im looking at on that site, i thought i was quite intelligent and getting somewhere now im now so sure,,,,,,,,how do i gain access to the information that your getting?

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by rachil View Post
    i clicked on the link you sent me but im at a loss with it, i dont see any link to E.C.C. of st davids, i really dont know what im looking at on that site, i thought i was quite intelligent and getting somewhere now im now so sure,,,,,,,,how do i gain access to the information that your getting?
    Try the English version.

rachil

i did that but dont understand what or where the 'E.C.C. of St Davids' drop down box is

Jan1954

i did that but dont understand what or where the 'E.C.C. of St Davids' drop down box is
    Neither do I, but I have just popped Kenniford into the search box, clicked search and links to a will for a William KENNIFORD in 1843 came up. Any good?

rachil

sorry i tried but im still lost not got a clue how to make the site work for me

Brick wall demolition expert!

sorry i tried but im still lost not got a clue how to make the site work for me
    I expect Orielbenfro will come back and explain.

im searching for thomas jones birth 1831 (which i cant find) i can find his marriage to elizabeth keniford (birth 1831 in cosheston pembrokeshire) but they married in 1840 in bristol
    Quote Originally Posted by Orielbenfro View Post
    From the St Mary Baptism Register which covers the period 1822 to 1847

Just in case there is any confusion, from the census it appears that Elizabeth was born abt 1813/1815. Here are the census details for 1841 and 1851

1841: Piece: 374 Book/Folio: 40 Page: 21 (crown copyright, care of the TNA)
    Penn Street, St Paul, Bristol
    JONES, Thomas, 28
    JONES, Elizabeth, 28
    JONES, Alfred 18 mo
    None born in the county

Note: Since the 1841 census was taken on 6 June 1841 and Alfred was 18 months old, then he would have been born around end of 1839. If his age on the census is correct then he was born before Elizabeth KENNIFORD married Thomas JONES in Bristol on 27 Sep 1840.

1851: Piece: 2476 Folio: 279 Page: 14 (crown copyright, care of the TNA)
    Cosheston Village, Cosheston
    KENIFORD, George, head, 34, stone mason, Cosheston Pembrokeshire
    KENIFORD, Ellin, wife, 23, Ireland
    KENIFORD, George, son, 1 mo, Liverpool
    KENIFORD, Margret, mother, widow, 80 (b. 1771), watermans wife, Cosheston Pembrokeshire
    JONES, Elizabeth, sister, widow, 36 (b. 1815), charwoman, Cosheston Pembrokeshire
    JONES, Isaac, son, 9, Bristol
    JONES, Margret, dau, 7, Bristol
    JONES, Emily, dau, 5, Portshead Somerset
    JONES, William, son, 4, Portshead Somerset
    JONES, Thomas, son, 3, Portshead Somerset
    KINGDOM, Charlot, niece, 12, Bristol Somerset

From the 1851 census it would appear that Margaret is the mother of George and presumably also the mother of Elizabeth (although a baptism record would be needed to verify this.) On the 1840 marriage for Elizabeth Kenniford, her father's name is recorded as John.

From a posting on rootsweb, John CANIFORD married Margaret HUGHES at Cosheston on 29 November 1794.

https://
    listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/read/WLS-PEMBROKESHIRE/2004-03/1079061891

A baptism for George CANIFORD on 31 Aug 1817 is mentioned and another sibling Isaac on 18 Jan 1815. Is there a baptism for Elizabeth?

The one thing we don't know from the census is where Thomas JONES was born.

rachil

i got that info so far from find my past and what i have as well searching things the long way by checking every entry is that thomas jones was born on 14th feb 1813 in Llanloddian Isaf as this is the only relevant entry stating fathers name as David which also corresponds to the 1841 census where he was listed as dob 1813 at least i hope im right

Brick wall demolition expert!

ithomas jones was born on 14th feb 1813 in Llanloddian Isaf as this is the only relevant entry stating fathers name as David which also corresponds to the 1841 census where he was listed as dob 1813
    I don’t want to be discouraging but the problem with the census is that ages are not always accurately stated. For example, in 1841 Elizabeth's age is recorded as 28 but ten years later she is recorded as 36. So which is correct? Which begs the question - how accurate is Thomas's age on the 1841 census?

Looking on Family Search, there are a number of baptisms around 1813 +/-2 for Thomas JONES, father David in different parts of the country.

First of all, I would recommend that you to obtain a copy of Thomas/Elizabeth's marriage certificate which will give you his occupation as well as the occupation of his father. Also, from a previous post it appears you have a birth certificate one of Thomas/Elizabeth's children. What does it have on this for Thomas's occupation?

Orielbenfro

Default E.C.C. of St Davids

Try this link see if it helps you further ;

https://cat.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gw/ch...=profeb&lng=en

Under dates enter start 1800 end 1858

Click save

Under Diocese click on down arrow and select the most bottom name Tyddewi/St Davids 1556 - 1858

Then from the 1st "Choice" just select Kenniford

scroll down and select search.

Having done it once you can now go back start again and select all and any you think may assist.

Episcopal Consistory Court wills end in 1858, when they become centralizied at Somerset House London and taken out of the hands of Bishops.

Read "Wills and there abouts" by A.J. Camp

Rgds
    Orielbenfro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12