Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rachil

Default searching for jones

hi im new to this site and im not sure where to post thread for help in searching family i got all the info dating back to 1841 census but i get lost before that as i now have to start searching parish records can anyone point me in the right direction as the area i have the ancestors at is cosheston pembrokeshire but i cant find any reference to this area for record purposes

pippycat

Just as a small starter for you FreeReg have marriages for Cosheston 1813-1817.

Orielbenfro

Default Jones of Cosheston

Quote Originally Posted by rachil View Post
    the area i have the ancestors at is cosheston pembrokeshire but i cant find any reference to this area
    Not all UK records are on line, and certain parish records never ever will be. Give us all an idea of who you seek and a number of us can assist.

If you prefer to search yourself, have a holiday down here in Pembs you will not regret it.

rachil

hi and thanks for the offer of help i been stuck on this bit for nearly a year and cant seem to get anywhere im searching for thomas jones birth 1831 (which i cant find) i can find his marriage to elizabeth keniford (birth 1831 in cosheston pembrokeshire) but they married in 1840 in bristol and had alfred in 1840, issac 1842, margaret 1844, emily 1846, william 1847, thomas 1848 all in bristol then suddenly on the 1851 elizabeth re-appears back in cosheston on the census living with her brother george keniford and his wife ellin and there family and elizabeth is then showing as widowed but im at a loss as to what happenes before the marriage, where and how he thomas dies i looked at Richard Rose book of pembrokeshire people and this shows a thomas and elizabeth living together working as mariners/pilots but i dont know if they are the ancestors im looking for, hope i have given enough info for you to help if you can,,,thanks a bunch if you got access to more than i have.................

Reputation beyond repute

• Try BMDRegisters for non parochial events.
    • Try the Castlemartin Hundred baptism index published by Dyfed FHS (you have to buy it).
    • Try the Cosheston Bishop's transcripts, 1799-1886, filmed by the Mormons and available for hire at your nearest centre

Brick wall demolition expert!

i looked at Richard Rose book of pembrokeshire people and this shows a thomas and elizabeth living together working as mariners/pilots but i dont know if they are the ancestors im looking for.
    I see Thomas's marriage to Elizabeth Kenniford is listed on Family Search, which has his father as David Jones. Do you have Thomas's occupation from his marriage certificate or a child's birth certificate?

im at a loss as to what happenes before the marriage, where and how he thomas dies
    Finding a death record for Thomas JONES could be tricky. Looking at children on the 1851 census (HO107/ 2476, f.79, p14), the last three children appear to have been born in Portishead; the youngest Thomas born abt. 1848.

Baptisms in Portishead, Somerset, parents Thomas and Elizabeth...

Emily Henriette Jane Jones on 03 May 1846
    William Parramore Jones on 08 Mar 1848
    Thomas Jones on 08 Mar 1848
    (Source Family Search)

So the question is, did Thomas die in the Portishead area between 1847 and 1851 or did he die elsewhere? One idea would be to get hold of a copy of the 1848 baptism records in case it says something like deceased for the father.

Supposing that he died in Portishead, there are unfortunately five Thomas JONES deaths in the indexes between 1847 and 1851 in the Bedminster registration district (which covers Portishead.)

However, there is a burial record for a Thomas JONES in 1847 in Portishead, age 36. For the exact burial date as well as the dedication and confirmation of the age, please check the record for yourself which can be found on the pay/subscription site findmypast or the NBI. So, this death in the September quarter of 1847 looks promising...

Death
    JONES Thomas Sep 1847 Bedminster 11 48

No guarantees of course.

rachil

wow, ive got the full subscription to findmypast i check all the info and get back to you i cant beleve we may finally be getting somewhere thank you so much for your help, this has really got me excited again,,,,,,,,

rachil

hi i been searching all day and what i got so far is back to square one on thomas youngest son baptism details is that in 1848 when he was registered thomas (father) is registered so that puts out the one thomas jones burial record for 1847 which is the one i thought was the death record i cant find any relevant death between 1848 and 1851 but his wife elizabeth states in 1851 cencus that she is widdowed, my brain is mashed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Brick wall demolition expert!

on thomas youngest son baptism details is that in 1848 when he was registered thomas (father) is registered
    Do you mean that Thomas is named as the father on his son's baptism record or are you referring to the registration of the son's birth?

If Thomas was the informant on his son's birth certificate in 1848 then yes, that would mean he was still alive. If he was not the informant then he could have died up to nine months before his son was born and would still be recorded as the father on both his son's baptism and birth record.

rachil

i just looked again and thomas (father) is named as the father he wasent the informant i cant get away from the fact that his death is the one listed for 1847 but the only relevant birth record would be dated as 14th feb 1813 birth in llanloddian isaf, corresponding with the 1841 census that stated his dob being 1813,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,still searching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast