Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A favour

Lone Pine

Default A favour

I wonder if someone could do me a favour, you see I promised my Aunts that I would not look for a Birth Certificate, but I am getting so curious as to what my Nanny put down for the Fathers name.

So I thought you may be able to help me on here, as then I have not actually looked for it myself, now have I

So here goes, I just want to know what she put down as the Fathers name, the Birth Certificate is for a Frederick Pritchard, born Bethnal Green/Hackney in December 1916 Mothers name is Ada Pritchard I can't give any more info than that, now the Fathers name, may well be listed as William Pritchard, if so she has lied on the certificate , as my Grandad had been KIA in August 1915, but I am so curious as to what she has put down, so if anyone can do this for me would be very grateful, of course goes without saying that it will be kept between ourselves.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Frederick C Pritchard
    Mother's Maiden Surname: Wood
    Oct-Nov-Dec 1916
    St Olave
    Inferred County: London
    Volume 1d
    Page 33

I think you may need to order the cert.

Steve.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Unfortunately there is no public access to birth registers, so no-one else can help you here. The only way to find the information you're seeking is to purchase the birth certificate.

Births
    Mar Qtr 1917
    PRITCHARD Frederick T Crossley
    Bethnal G. 1c 236

Lone Pine

I am now very confused.com Wood, where does Wood come into it, my Grandmothers maiden name was Crossley and she married my Grandfather and became Pritchard and then went on to marry her childhood sweet heart Phil Green, so I wonder what she was up to. and plus Uncle Fred was Frederick Pritchard

Ok thanks Kerrywood, I know it was a long shot, and I really can't order the certificate, becuase I promised I would not.

Reputation beyond repute

The reference provided by Kerrywood is the one that most closely matches the details you gave.

Would you like someone else to order the certificate on your behalf?

Lone Pine

Hi Sorry I can't, I made a promise not to send for the certificate and I have to stick to that promise, its really "recent" history and does have repercussions for some members of my family. That is the problem when you uncover something that has been hidden. Never mind perhaps one day.

Mutley

I don't know if it is possible or available or obtainable but I bet you did not say you would not search or send for a baptism?

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by stepives View Post
    Frederick C Pritchard
    Mother's Maiden Surname: Wood
    Oct-Nov-Dec 1916
    St Olave
    Inferred County: London
    Volume 1d
    Page 33

I think you may need to order the cert.

Steve.
    Even though I was born in London, I still get confused but I know someone will put me right.
    Bethnal Green is north of the river as is St. Olave's Church.

But St. Olave registration district is south of the river, Southwark way?
    so I am not sure the above birth registration would belong to a Bethnal Green child.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Pine View Post
    I am now very confused.com Wood, where does Wood come into it, my Grandmothers maiden name was Crossley and she married my Grandfather and became Pritchard and then went on to marry her childhood sweet heart Phil Green, so I wonder what she was up to. and plus Uncle Fred was Frederick Pritchard

Ok thanks Kerrywood, I know it was a long shot, and I really can't order the certificate, becuase I promised I would not.
    Okey dokey......ignore my info......You're first post didn't mention the Crossley maiden name.

As for St.Olave district.....I haven't a clue, but the church is north of the river Thames.

Steve.

Knowledgeable and helpful

When Frederick married, if he did what name did he put in for father?
    As the entry for his birth is registered as Pritchard and it has mothers maiden name of Crossley my guess is she put her dead husband down as father, it happened a lot more than we realised in war time.

sandie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast