Brock

Default Marriage entry 1911 - 1918

Does anyone have access to the Irish marriage index for the period between 1911 to 1918?
    I would very much like to learn of when & where Charles Palmer married to a lady by the name of Agnes Palmer ~ I believe that the marriage took place in either County Down or County Antrim.
    Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

pattenwalsh

Looking at ancestryireland.com/database.php?filename=advanced_marriages (put the normal www. in front )gives no results from Antrim & Down 1910 -1920, but you might like to have a search around yourself using earlier or later years.
    On familysearch.org,the nearest I found was Charles Palmer Oct-Dec quarter 1919 Belfast Vol 1, page 330.Was Agnes Palmer her name before marriage?
    Just found another site where the 1919 belfast marriage gives the bride as Emily.
    Last edited by pattenwalsh; 30-11-2011 at 4:20 PM. Reason: extra info

Reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have access to the Irish marriage index for the period between 1911 to 1918?
    Everyone does!

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ection/1408347

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by pattenwalsh View Post
    Looking at ancestryireland.com/database.php?filename=advanced_marriages (put the normal www. in front )gives no results from Antrim & Down 1910 -1920, but you might like to have a search around yourself using earlier or later years.
    On familysearch.org,the nearest I found was Charles Palmer Oct-Dec quarter 1919 Belfast Vol 1, page 330.Was Agnes Palmer her name before marriage?
    Just found another site where the 1919 belfast marriage gives the bride as Emily.
    Thank you for your help. I have been led to believe that the maiden name of Agnes was also Palmer but she was no relation.

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Thank you, that's most appreciated.

Reputation beyond repute

I have been led to believe that the maiden name of Agnes was also Palmer but she was no relation.
    What do the birth certificates of her children have to say on the matter?

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    What do the birth certificates of her children have to say on the matter?
    As you have gathered, this part of my tree is somewhat of a mystery to me! All that I know for sure is that Charles Henry Palmer left England shortly after 1911 to go to live with his family in the Lower Maze area of Ireland in Co Down where they had bought a farm. He met & married to a lady who I have been told was named Agnes Palmer (same surname but of no relation) & at some point they did have a daughter but I do not know what her name was or where & when she was born. The only other facts that I do know for certain are that Charles took work on the ships & never returned home to his wife & young daughter & no-one knows what ever became of him. In 1930 Agnes was left money in a will & at this time her address was 98 Millfield, Belfast.
    It's turned into one of my "brickwalls" I'm afraid but hopefully one of the days something will come to light allowing me to break down those bricks one by one in order to learn all about them & of what became of them all.