Thread: Shanassy help

GORDS

Default Shanassy help

Hi folks: I am looking for the next generation back in my Shanassy tree. I am now stuck at the great, great, grandfather Robert Shanassy born 1806 in Liverpool. I need records like birth certificate or baptism certificate but can't seem to find. I need this to find his parents so i can continue back another generation into the 1700's. Any ideas? Gords and Merry Christmas.

Brick wall demolition expert!

I haven't found his birth but he married Margaret Maddock 14 Sep 1835 St. John'S Church, Liverpool, Lancashire. I found this on the familysearch site. I would keep trying periodically in the hope that someone transcribes the baptism records.

Merry Christmas

Mutley

Birth certificates were not issued until 1837 so it would be a baptism record you need to find.
    The original of the marriage entry in the Parish Record may give his father's name. He may even have been baptised at St. John's.

At some point, with his name, you will probably need to move to Irish Records. Shaunessy is another variation to try.

Do you have him in any of the census?
    I found a Robert and Margaret in the 1841 transcribed as Shanufry. They have a son John age 4, he may have been born in time to to have a birth certificate, or a later child may have been registered with another spelling of the name or a second name for Robert which may help.
    HO107/559, Book: 25, Folio: 27, Page: 47
    (census returns Crown copyright, in care of TNA)

The first born son was often named after the father's father, worth considering. The Robert found above was in the Police, and an occupation is also a help if carried down through a family.

The same applies if this is not your Robert and Margaret.

RonOne

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    The original of the marriage entry in the Parish Record may give his father's name. He may even have been baptised at St. John's.
    Full transcript from Lancashire OPC
    https://www.
    lan-opc.org.uk/

Marriage: 14 Sep 1835 St John, Liverpool, Lancashire
    Robert Shanassy - Warehouseman of Liverpool
    Margaret Maddock - Spinster of Liverpool
    Witness: Margaret Rome; William Foulkes
    Married by Banns by: William Tyrer BA Off Minister
    Register: Marriage 1835 - 1837, Page 13, Entry 50
    Source: LDS Film 1656197

(For some reason the search engine won't find the surname "Shanassy" - I had to search for Margaret Maddock.)
    The Baptism registers for St John have been transcribed for the years 1785-1812 and 1852-1898

GORDS

Thanks very much for your effort and a thanks to the other good folks who are trying to help me too... Gord

GORDS

Thanks and a very Merry Christmas to you too Megan... Gord

GORDS

I have tried most of the suggestions here. I find no baptism records at St Jiohns, still need help. Dead end at birth 1806. Must find a parent... thanks.. Gord