mother hen

Default Campell Follett of Jamaica

I am doing a tree for a friend and am trying to find some info on his Great Grandfather.

His name is Adolphus Thomas Campbell Follett dob 1870 Kingston Jamaica ,death 1924 Lambeth London.

I have a marriage in 1895 Fulham London to Elizabeth Brierley.And the 1901 and 1911c but nothing before that.
    Can anyone find any info for Jamaica or other censuses please.

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by mother hen View Post
    I am doing a tree for a friend and am trying to find some info on his Great Grandfather.

His name is Adolphus Thomas Campbell Follett dob 1870 Kingston Jamaica ,death 1924 Lambeth London.

I have a marriage in 1895 Fulham London to Elizabeth Brierley.And the 1901 and 1911c but nothing before that.
    Can anyone find any info for Jamaica or other censuses please.
    There has never been a formal census for Jamaica, however the C of E Parish Registers are excellent. I ran the full name thru the latest LDS transcriptions but no luck. There were 24 Folletts (and variations thereof) but the closest was a "Thomas Bulgen Follett`born in 1877....does the middle name ring any bells. These transcriptions are fairly new so if you have an LDS FHC near you, I would suggest you order in an index film for Kingston if you are sure it is that parish.

NOTE...From 1870 to 1880, there was a new system of registration (Law 6) and it was largely ignored and the LDS did not get the opportunity to photograph it. My husband`s g-grandfather was born in 1875 and I have NEVER seen anything re his birth or that of his next sibling...however the other 8 were born after 1880 and they were properly recorded in the Civil Records

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello

I googled the name and found an inmteresting postform another family member not sure if I can opsot on site so here goes...

https://archiver.
    rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/SURNAMES/1995-04/0798159915

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Just looked on Ancestry, there is a tag to the 1901 census information, there are a least 3 researchers for Thomas, the trees carry photos of son James b 1902, his marriage and army life, the researchers look as if they are descended from him! None has any info about Thomas aka Adolphus

mother hen

Thank you for your replies,i knew it was going to be hard but i will try both .