Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Frazer

Janet, you're a treasure. I most certainly will buy the document. Many thanks again.
    Ian

janbooth

Glad to be of help. It really is very informative and interesting. Just wish the service records of some of my lot were as comprehensive (very big grin!). In case you need it, his Regimental Number was 17007 and his Regiment was the General Service Infantry. Good luck and enjoy

Janet

Frazer

Hello again,
    I had a quick look at Ancestry and found his re-engagement record. I'll no doubt find his Dorset regimental record too - as you have. I'll be subscribing as soon as family obligations from here till the end of the month leave me time to research seriously. Does the document you found have to be bought separately or can we just download? I'm hoping to find my (secretive) father's too!
    Meanwhile I'm all of a quiver!!

Ian

janbooth

Hi Ian,

Once you've subscribed, you can access all the Military Records they have. Harry's re-engagement record carries on and contains the whole of his military record in subsequent pages.

Janet

Frazer

I've been trying to access this site - in vain. The site is listed by Google and Yahoo but can't be accessed. Maybe they've started doing maintenance since you wrote?
    Ian

janbooth

Shouldn't be any difficulty Ian. I am in Ancestry (the UK version) at the moment and haven't had any problem accessing the site all week. I can't post a link because it is a commercial site. Is it the whole Ancestry site you are having problems with or the link to their Military records?

Janet

Frazer

The site doesn't seem to be online at the moment. It's listed but 'can't be found at that address'. Maintenance maybe?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12