Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P.O.W

kcapes

Default P.O.W

Hello Everyone
    Wondered if someone could point me in the right direction, trying to find out which POW camp someone was in I have his service book which says he was in The Queens Royal Regiment a private, in France 2 to 19 April 1940 prisoner Germany 20 May to 24 October 1943.
    Any help would be great.
    Kim

Name well known on Brit-Gen

This Research Signpost is a useful starting-point.

kcapes

Default P.O.W

Thank you very much.

Brian S

Default P.O.W.

Was the man repatriated in 1943 due to illness. Did he eascape or did he die as a Prisoner

kcapes

Hello
    He was repatriated due to illness. Any help would be great.
    Kim

Reputation beyond repute

Any help would be great.
    Have you followed the advice in the link provided in message #2? How did you get on?

Brian S

Quote Originally Posted by kcapes View Post
    Hello
    He was repatriated due to illness. Any help would be great.
    Kim
    You could try looking through the WO 344 Series to check for a Liberation Report. Although all those repatriated would have been interrogated in the UK I have yet to find any reports.
    The Red Cross could be of help, or a Service Record might give the information.

I have a copy of POW lists for 1944 so if you sent his name by PM if you don't want to display it I could check to see if his camp is given.

The list was produced in 1944 from data that had been gathered over a period of time so it is possible he is on this list.

kcapes

Sorry to Peter and Brian for my delay in replying I've not been very well. I've not got very far with trying to find out which camp he was in, to be honest I dont really know what I'm doing, I will send you details Brian maybe he is on your list.
    Thank you again.

Brian S

Looked through the File.
    He is not listed but it was worth a look.

Perhaps now the I.R.C.C. Files are the only place where the location of the camps will be given.

kcapes

Thanks for looking, so whats the I.R.C.C sorry if I sound stupid. His little service and pay book says in France 2.4.40 to 19.4.40 then POW Germany 20.4.40. to 24.10.43
    Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast