Thread: Hi from Newbie!

Retired RGN

Default Hi from Newbie!

Hi everyone...My hubby found this link as we are both actively involved now we are early retired in compiling our Family trees he has yet to register here as out at the moment So thought I would and say Hi to you all and as someone has already said i too think i will have my L plates on for a while navigating through here looks like there is a lot of great info though
    Ive got back to the 1700's at the moment on my maternal side trouble is on my late fathers side it is SMITH so lots of them! .. awaiting more info from my Aunt which hopefully will kickstart that for me again!

Here's to more happy researching!

D retired RGN

glynisaddy

hi retired RGN
    from another retired RGN a warm wealcome to the brit-gen forum
    glynis

Retired RGN

Thumbs up

Hi All and Thank you for lovely welcome! Pat we loved Cornwall when we were on holiday there last year and Glynis we were in Norfolk this year and loved it too I retired early from nursing after 40 years! got out at the right time I think!

AnneMMatthews

Hi retired RGN, welcome to the Brit-Gen forum from a still working RN And I believe from what is going on here in Victoria, Australia you did get out of nursing at the right time!!! I only joined fairly recently but have already found long lost relatives living close by on 2 different branches of my family. Good luck with your searches.

Retired RGN

Thank youAnne good luck in your searches too...D

glynisaddy

hi
    I too got out after 40 years and I agree that we got out at the right time and I love being retired.
    regards
    glynis