Thread: My Mother

jimmy mac

Default My Mother

Hi For long time I have been trying to fine out where my Mother was born but I always come up against a brick wall. If you dont no where she was born you can not get a birth certificate,now I know my Mother
    was born out of wed lock she was 1904 and her Mother was Married 1905. And also another set back we cant fine a history on her Mother either,I know she was born in Dublin according to 1901 Census,but that is as far as we get any tip wold be apperciated

josie7644

Hello Jimmy,

On the following site you can search free for births, marriages and deaths.

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/

Best wishes,

Josie

Coromandel

Have you been able to find your mother and grandmother on the 1911 census?

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Jimmy mac

You could try looking in Family Search which is free. Your mother may be registered under your grandmother's maiden name, so try putting that in and see what comes up (your mum's first name plus your gran's maiden name). If you know where your grandmother was in 1901 or where she got married , either of those places might be worth looking at first.

If you get stuck ask and someone here will help.

Another site is roots ireland. The index is free to search but you have to pay to get details.

jimmy mac

Thanks josie for your help Jimmy mac

jimmy mac

Coromandel I have found them on 1911 census they lived in Chatham st in Ardoyne My mother was seven at that time her father james was28 and her mother agnes was 26 Thanks Jimmy Mac

jimmy mac

Cheers grisel for the help I will try family search and do what you said But in 1901 Census my gran Agnes Hynes was living with her sister Ellen Norris at herbert St in Ardyone Ellen was 26 Agnes was 18 And then she got Married 1905 at Trinity church of Ireland to
    James Adams And on the Marriage Certificate They have her Father Named William Hynes Labourer Jimmy Mac

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy mac View Post
    If you dont no where she was born you can not get a birth certificate...
    The 1911 census gives the 7 year old daughter's birthplace as Belfast City.

There is a possible birth registration in the Irish civil registration indexes on FamilySearch in the last quarter of 1904, Belfast district.

I can send you details in a private message, if you haven't already found it yourself.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy mac View Post
    I know my Mother was born out of wed lock she was 1904 and her Mother was Married 1905. And also another set back we cant fine a history on her Mother either,I know she was born in Dublin according to 1901 Census,but that is as far as we get any tip wold be apperciated
    Since Coromandel has found a birth registration for your mother, then sending off for this will hopefully confirm the maiden name of Agnes as Hynes. If/when you have sorted out a birth certificate for your mother you will then want to find her mother Agnes' birth certificate.

Looking at the census I see that Agnes is recorded as being 18 in the 1901 census and as 26 in the 1911 census - thus born about 1884. Checking the Ireland Civil Registration Indexes on Family Search for a birth registration for Agnes Hynes//Hinds 1885 +/5 in the Dublin North or Dublin South registration district brings up nothing. There are however three registrations for a Female HYNES.

As a thought and when you are ready, you could contact GRO at Roscommon and ask them to check for a birth for Agnes Hynes or Female Hynes in Dublin, specifying that father must be named William. Alternatively you could go through the Dublin civil registration office, (the last time I used them they were helpful.)

jimmy mac

Coromandel Thank you very much I would appreicate that, I have a rough idea she was born in Belfast but ihe GRO wont issue a
    birth certificate unless you know,where they are born I have tryed and just got my money sent back
    yours Jimmy Mac