galgirl17

Default greetings from canada

Hello all, just found your site and am eager to explore it all. I've been researching my family tree for about a year now and having a blast! Most, if not all, of my ancestors came to Canada from England, Scotland and Ireland so I think this is the place to be.

LittleSpark

Hi galgirl and welcome to Brit-Gen.

You'll find us all a very friendly bunch of family history addicts who love nothing better than helping others with their queries especially those 'brickwalls'.
    Have a look around the forum and when you're ready post any queries you have.

Good luck with your research

Sheila

Yeates

Dear Galgirl,
    You are correct about this being a valuable forum.
    I, too, had family that migrated to Canada from England; then immigrated to the States. You will find this forum interesting, friendly, and productive.
    Welcome and good luck as you discover names, dates, and ship records.
    Yeates

CanadianCousin

Hi galgirl -

There are quite a few of us from Canada on this site (as well as Australians, New Zealanders, Americans, Irish, Welsh, English, Scots, and many others), so depending on where you live, you may get help with local as well as UK data sources. Everyone here is friendly, thoughtful, kind, polite, and knowledgeable - you couldn't choose a better place to come to share your questions, brickwalls and success stories. And of course, we're all genealogy addicts - we understand the excitement of finding a second cousin, four times removed, tried in court for stealing sheep (or whatever) - something that non-addicts just don't "get".

Good luck!

Tim

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCousin View Post
    Hi galgirl -

There are quite a few of us from Canada on this site (as well as Australians, New Zealanders, Americans, Irish, Welsh, English, Scots, and many others), so depending on where you live, you may get help with local as well as UK data sources. Everyone here is friendly, thoughtful, kind, polite, and knowledgeable - you couldn't choose a better place to come to share your questions, brickwalls and success stories. And of course, we're all genealogy addicts - we understand the excitement of finding a second cousin, four times removed, tried in court for stealing sheep (or whatever) - something that non-addicts just don't "get".

Good luck!

Tim
    CanadianCousin hit the nail on the head! Welcome!

Sue

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post
    CanadianCousin hit the nail on the head! Welcome!

Sue
    Ditto from me as well! Welcome galgirl

thecouch

Hi galgirl!

May I add my welcome message to you too. I have not been a member for very long, but I have had a tremendously positive experience with Brit-Gen and have even been able to receive pictures of what we think is my great grandparents cottage in a small hamlet in Cornwall - all because of the amazing generosity of a Brit-Gen member - thanks Matt! . Have had great experiences with other members too...thanks Ali! Overall, Brit Gen is just an excellent genealogical community with which to work!

My family history pattern is similar to yours so if I may help in any way, please post your queries and you may be surprised where your curiosity leads you! Happy Hunting!

Cheers,
    thecouch

galgirl17

Thank you all for your very warm welcomes! I'm really looking forward to solving some puzzles, but I must warn you all.....I most definitely will be seeking your help along the way! Of course if I can be of any assistance I will be more than happy to help. I am completely hooked on this ancestry thing, it's like trying to put together a puzzle while missing pieces and a picture of what the finished product should resemble. But I'm loving it.