Thread: late starter

alfier

Default late starter

G'Day, I am 75 years old and my big sister has decided I should look for the ancestors. Nothing but troubles as I have promised I will do it on the cheap until I can get some knowledge. Here I see people post on the forum for help in searching, my biggest problem is how do I post.. Have a good day Alfie A

Procat

Greetings Alfie and welcome to the forum.

You are never too old to start. You may find the information here and here useful.

alfier

Thankyou for the excellent info, I see you are about 14 hours down the road,not too far really

v.wells

Smile

You're never too old Alfie! Better a late-starter than a non-starter You'll get lots of help here, to guide you and find what you are searching for. Kudos to you for not being afraid of getting addicted to genealogy. Family history is a lot of fun once you get going.

alfier

Help please I am lost again. What do I need to type in the BCC recipients box to get my message onto the board

Mutley

Welcome to the forum alfier,

Don't worry too much about where to post, it's no big deal. The moderators can always move your question to where it might be better placed. Just stick your toes gently into the water somewhere.
    Click the underlined link below and you will find yourself on the General Family History Forum.
    At the top left of the forum will be a box saying "Post New Thread" Click that and type away.
    Give us names and dates and we will all try to help.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...istory-Queries

Good Luck

alfier

Thankyou everyone, I took the advice, posted a thread and was elated at the responses that I was given. I am very happy to be a member.

Allanah

Hi Alfie
    Good to see at your age that you are keeping your mind active, but be warned this family history is very very addictive, expect a few more grey hairs............

Good luck
    Allanah