Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    malcolm99

This is the description of one photograph from this TNA page: https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a...1119&cid=-1#-1

“Portrait of young girl in hat sitting on chair-arm 1119/128 No Date
    Contents: Negative Sheet Number W23/29

The reverse of 1119/128, it carries the whole of an article from the 'Southport News' entitled "A Visit to Mr Wyles' Photographic Studio." and the first 9 lines of an article "Photography in Excelsis," again extolling the virtues of Wyles' Studio. (see accompanying photocopy). 1119/129 No Date
    Contents: Negative Sheet Number W23/30”

It might be worth trying to get hold of a photocopy of this article from Greater Manchester County Record Office (without an exact date it would be time-consuming for someone to try and track it down in the original newspaper).

lizone

Thanks Malcolm

I'll see what I can find.

As the photo is perhaps a bit earlier than I thought, I'm now not sure who the lady could be. My great great grandmother would have been 45 years old in 1880 (born 1835) and the oldest sister of my great grandmother would have been 16 years old (born 1864). I wonder then if it is the oldest sister and the photo was taken around 1884 - 85, making the subject 20 - 21 years old. The family were from Burslem, Staffordshire, so there's no connection with Southport (from what I can see), therefore I'm assuming it must have been taken on holiday.

Liz

lizone

Oh, and unfortunately there's nothing on the reverse of the card.

Liz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123