Moongalba

Default A Pom living in Auz.

G'day Cobbers

Looks like I joined this mob of genealogists some time ago but for some reason did not go any further (Got myself caught up in Genealogy I expect). Any way thought it about time I did something about it. Name's Bob Harrison aka The Old Codger. Got myself involved in Family History when my wife dragged me off to a LDS meeting some 30 years ago, been stuck with it ever since. Helped to start up two Family History Centers for the LDS Church and served in both for some years. Have four married nippers, two living quite close and the other two over a thousand kilometers away. Not that far away when you consider that some cattle stations are just about that big out here. Can you wonder why the farmer uses a helicopter to round up the mob. You get to see the crows flying backwards at times to keep the sand out of their eyes. Min Min lights follow you when driving in the outback, goodness knows what they are.
    Family History is in full swing out here with most on Genealogy.com or New Family Search the LDS program.
    Guess that is enough for now except that some kind cove added to my file on New family Search and took me back to Adam. I tell you there are some crazy folk out there doing genealogy who never bother to check their findings. O.k I can accept a couple having 13 children, but 48; now that is stretching it a might far for me. And as for getting back to Adam, I raise an eyebrow at that.
    Good to be with you all, hope we have a long and prosperous friendship.

The Old Codger.

Liane Hawes

Hi Bob

Welcome to the BG family - you will find lots of helpful, knowledgeable (I don't include myself in that bit!!) and friendly folk here so post away your queries and we'll see what we can do.

Have fun

Liane

Sandra Parker

Good to hear that a dinky di bloke doesn't believe the fruit loops and nongs who go round raving on about all those who have karked it back for yonks and want to skite about it.
    Sandra and her fair dinkum speactacled aura

deeree

Welcome to Brit-Gen. You've landed on your feet by fetching up here and should get plenty of help from the members.

Just ask your questions when you're ready and the friendly, helpful and knowledgeable members will be pleased to help.

Moongalba

Thank you all who have welcomed me to this new adventure I am about to embark upon. Good to hear from you Sandra with your understanding ways regarding some of the fruit loops and nongs as you refer to some as. Let me give you the info that was attached to my file even if this is not the right place to do so, but it does prove my point. Robert Stanley 1609 of Alderminster. Worcestershire. Now that I can accept, but the father, well lets see what you think. Edward Stanley born 14 Dec 1576 at Bickerstaff,Ormskirk, Lancashire, England. If there is some kind cove out there who can tie these two into my family there will be a big Christmas present waiting for you.

May your God go with you.

The Old Codger

Moongalba

Default My thanks

Administrators will no doubt have squirmed at my reply in my last note. I just wanted to make a point regarding the mess up that some folk can make of your family history. Still, mess up or not someone may be able to help me sort out all of the kings, queens, duchesses and all of the high and mighty now have attached to my file. I will try and get my questions in the proper place next time.

The Old Codger