Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is Lewis?

RonOne

Quote Originally Posted by Christa View Post
    I have him in 1851 living with his in laws and in 1861 and 71 with wife Sarah and children.
    Ooops! This means the burial I posted can't be your Lewis Kershaw, but it also means there were two Lewis Kershaws born around the same time.

Nicolina

interestingly the IGI shows 2 Lewis KERSHAWs born in Oldham in 1827.
    1) born 4th August, chr. 30th August
    2) born 4th October, chr. 30th October

parents of both are James & Sally!!!!!!!

Nicolina

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post
    Ooops! This means the burial I posted can't be your Lewis Kershaw, but it also means there were two Lewis Kershaws born around the same time.
    I think that you were right the first time. A look at the 1871 Census gives one Lewis but born in 1854, son of James & Jane.
    I cannot find his wife either. Perhaps Christa could let us know where she found them in '71

Christa

Smile Lewis - found!

What can I say? You have between you found all the answers I needed and some I didn't know I needed. The death in 1864 fits as well since I can't find Lewis after 1861. The Lewis I found in 71 was the a different Lewis!Many, many thanks.

Christa

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello all,
    I'm completely new to all of this, having inherited a lot of information from relatives, some sadly passed on.
    It looks like (one of) the Lewis Kershaw here was my great-great-great-grandfather, who my info has born around 1827 and with a father called James (B.~1804) which kind of comes in line with Christas information. I don't have mother and sibling information for Lewis, although I do have an unconfirmed marriage to Sarah Dunkerley dated 1849 - again Christa, do you have a reference for that marriage?
    James is currently the furthest I can go back on the Kershaw line, and it would be interesting to find out more. Thanks in advance for comments and tips from obviously experienced researchers here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12