Thread: New member

Lancashire girl

Default New member

Hi, I am new to this site but have been researching my family tree for 2 years now. All my ancestors are from Lancashire( Rigby, Johnson, Moss, Bridge, Singleton, Butler), mainly around the Kirkham, Tarleton and Lathom areas apart from one branch, Bolas, from Shropshire.

I have being doing quite well apart from I have hit the brick wall with the Butlers from Greenhalgh near Kirkham. Would love to hear from anyone who is also researching this family...two heads are better than one

mjanetj

hi
    welcome
    I am also new and can honestly say everyone is really helpful here - but it is taking forever to read through all the posts :-)
    loads of interesting info and advice
    jan

Lancashire girl

Hi, thank you Jan and notanotherminer for such a warm and quick response. Looks like searching through all the different posts will keep me busy for awhile

Grandange

I am also researching Singletons/Butlers Fylde area Stuck with joseph Singleton b circa 1772 who married Elizabeth Butler in greenhalgh or roseacre or Kirkham on 31 Dec 1796 He was the a shoemaker in Goosnargh Any info welcome Grandange (I am new too!)

Lancashire girl

Hi Grandange,

I have a feeling we have already 'met' elsewhere .... through ancestry I think. I will email you to find out sooo..... if you don't get an email then I have got it wrong (apologies); let me know and I will get back to you

Irene Ralph7

Hi Lancashire girl,
    I have Rigby family in Lancashire, in the Droylsden area of Manchester.
    Thomas Rigby, his wife Eliza nee Wagstaffe plus children Alice May Jessie, Hannah,Lisette, Thomas my father, Arthur,David, Kenneth.
    Thankyou Irene

Lancashire girl

Hi Irene,
    My Rigbys are from Freckleton, Lancs and before that Lathom. Rigby is a very Lancashire name and there are loads of them How far back have you managed to go?

Irene Ralph7

Hi lancashire girl,
    Some of my Rigby family come from Wolverhampton also. I have only managed to get back to 1811 with a Thomas Rigby.
    Perhaps we don`t have a connection, but good luck with your research.
    Irene

bettyespana

Default New Member re:Moss family

Quote Originally Posted by Lancashire girl View Post
    Hi, I am new to this site but have been researching my family tree for 2 years now. All my ancestors are from Lancashire( Rigby, Johnson, Moss, Bridge, Singleton, Butler), mainly around the Kirkham, Tarleton and Lathom areas apart from one branch, Bolas, from Shropshire.

I have being doing quite well apart from I have hit the brick wall with the Butlers from Greenhalgh near Kirkham. Would love to hear from anyone who is also researching this family...two heads are better than one
    Hi Lancashire girl,
    Wecome to the forum,my Moss family were originally from the Preston area & although some moved on they were still in Lancashire.
    If you are interested then I am here to help.I am sure you will find that everyone who uses this forum are very friendly & helpful.
    Best wishes with your Butler searches.

Lancashire girl

Default Moss family

Hi bettyespana,

The Moss side of the family came from Rufford, Lancs. I have got back as far as a Richard Moss c1739 who married Jane Cookson in 1764, Rufford.

Been concentrating on the Rigbys but it would be good to see if I can get any further with this Moss side. Have you any Moss' from Rufford?

All the best