Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    debd

Default Morgan David born abt 1780 in south wales

hello i wondered if there was anyone who could help point me in the right direction please.i have obtained some micro fiches and searched Merthyr Tydfil for my family.i have found Morgan David married Margaret Richard on 10/05/1800 in Merthyr Tydfil.Their children were Ebenezer David bap;05/12/1800 in Merthyr.Mary David bap;05/05/1801.Thomas David bap;19/05/1805.Llewelyn David bap 17/04/1808,and Thomas David bap;15/04/1811,all in merthyr.the marriage record doesnt say his age or occupation,or where he was born.i would love to find out Morgan's Father and Mother etc but dont know where to start.i was hoping somebody could advise me where to go from here.Many thanks debbie.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello debd, and welcome to the forums.

I have slipped your thread across to the Glamorgan forum, for a better chance of a reply from those who may be able to help.

Enjoy the forums!

debd

Thanks so much kerry.trust me to put it in the wrong place.i will try and find the correct place next time)many thanks debbie

debd

Hello Olliecat.Im Debbie,Robert Daughter.We have been Searching for info on Morgan Davidor Davies for a long time now.his Children were born in Merthyr Tydfil,so we have even been to the Glamorgan Records Office ,dont finding any info on him only his children.Pleae could you post a link to the census so i could read it?Hopefully ive been looking in wrong place for his birth etc.I have searched the ancestry site for census but cant seem to find it.
    Thankyou so much for your time.debbie

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by debd View Post
    Hello Olliecat.Im Debbie,Robert Daughter.We have been Searching for info on Morgan Davidor Davies for a long time now.his Children were born in Merthyr Tydfil,so we have even been to the Glamorgan Records Office ,dont finding any info on him only his children.
    Hello Debbie

This is the Morgan DAVIS referred to in the other thread ...

1851: Piece: 2449 Folio: 150 Page: 8
    Penyroul, Trevethin, Monmouthshire
    DAVIS, Morgan, head, 74, farmer of 20 acors, Santebrid Glamorganshire
    DAVIS, Margeret, wife, 71 Bedwelty Monmouthshire
    DAVIS, Morgan, son, 28, carrier, Trevethin Monmouthshire
    DAVIS, Morgan, servant, 12, farm labourer, Trevethin
    LEWIS, Margeret, servant, 20, Trevethin
    DAVIES, Morgan, visitor, 7, Gethbygan Glamorganshire
    DAVIES, Elizabeth,visitor, married, 36 Radnorshire
    JONES, Mary, visitor, widow, 84, Pendorran Brecknockshire

debd

No this is the morgan Davis im looking for.this is him)))))))))).his name changes from DAVID to DAVIES now DAVIS.He married a MARGARET RICHARD on 10/05/1800 in MERTHYR TYDFIL.His son EBENEZER DAVID was born 05/12/1800 in MERTHYR,he was AP on 25/12/1800 in MERTHYR.
    THOMAS DAVID was bap on 13/03/1806.
    LLEWELYN DAVID 17/04/1808.
    THOMAS DAVID 15/04/1810.
    Possible MARY DAVID 05/05/1801(i have death)but i have no proof of this.
    I have tryed and tryed to find a birth for my MORGAN so i can move on but dont know where to look)
    Many thanks for your time debbie

No this is the morgan Davis im looking for.this is him)))))))))).his name changes from DAVID to DAVIES now DAVIS.He married a MARGARET RICHARD on 10/05/1800 in MERTHYR TYDFIL.His son EBENEZER DAVID was born 05/12/1800 in MERTHYR,he was AP on 25/12/1800 in MERTHYR.
    Having now woken up and before I go searching for Morgan David/Davies are you and maesglas/ssclub searching for the same person? See this thread here.

debd

hello olliecat.yes robert is my dad.Ebenezer was Morgans son,His 1st born we beleive.Many thanks debbie

hello olliecat.yes robert is my dad.Ebenezer was Morgans son,His 1st born we beleive.Many thanks debbie
    In which case, could you tell us the occupation that Ebenezer on his marriage certificate stated for his father Morgan. This may or may not help, but the more clues we have the better.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi olliecat
    Ebenezer DAVIES was a widower when he married Gwenllian LAWRENCE Widow on the 26th May 1856 in Abergavenny Wales, it states his Profession as FORGE INSPECTOR living at Clock or Dock Row, his father Morgan DAVIES is down as a GARDENER ??? we think, and her father is Edward WILLIAMS Profession COOPER, living at (we think) GleuEbw Row.

Witnesses we think is John ??????? possibly ook on the end and Elizabeth _wall ? very hard to read the writing.

Robert & Debs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast