rubeaz

Post SERGEANT WILLIAM DUKE

I am trying to find a marriage record for William Duke who I think married in the West Indies 1840-1844 or thereabouts.
    By 1845 he was stationed at the Belturbet Barracks. I do not know what regiment he was in.
    Can someone suggest where I may be able to find this information? I have a Ancestry Subscription but no one seems to be following my 'DUKE' line
    Any help is greatly appreciated
    Many thanks

Reputation beyond repute

1. Look for a service record - "British Army Service Records 1760-1915" on Findmypast

2. Search the overseas marriage indexes also on findmypast

2a. Whether or not found in indexes, order a marriage certificate from GRO Overseas Section. If you didn't find it in the indexes, you'll probably need to know the regiment.

Allanah

Hi Kay
    Only one record for William Duke. Station Trinidad, West Indies, year 1840-1843. Page 616. GRO Chaplains Return Marriages (1796-1880)
    William Duke married one of the following people.
    Hacket Sarah
    Lee Sarah
    Tuck Margaret

Hope this helps.

Allanah

rubeaz

Hi Allanah,

Not sure if I replied to thankyou for your help. I think maybe Margaret TUCK could be Margaret DUKE!! Will check this out.
    Thanks again.
    Regards K

Reputation beyond repute

Order the certificate in the usual way from GRO remembering that it's an overseas event. Let us know what the certificate says when you get it.

Michael Duke

I have a Duke line and I am on Ancestry, but I suspect it is a different line, mine comes from the Newark area of the East Midlands, best regards , Michael Duke

Heather

I tried the latest LDS records but no Willism Duke showing up
    in the West Indies. My area of research is Jamaica, so can't help if it is
    Trinidad

Good luck...Heather