Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wonnig

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Just out of curiosity, I wondered how much you can say using 250 characters? Seemingly not very much.
    Not much, bearing in mind, as has already been said, every space counts as a character,

sotogetasmuchinasyoupossiblycanyouneedtowriteyourm essageinthismannerandhopeforthebestandthatGROcanun destandwhatitisyoyaresayingmakesureyouomitallpunct uationandifnecessarycutvowelsdowntoanabsoluteminim umbutdomakesurethatyourmessageisstillreadableoryou w

Sorry, I can't finish my message, I've just run out of characters!

jac65

Hi Wonnig

I had a look at the form (link on your original post) and I would have thought that in most cases 250 characters would be more than enough. The form has 20 boxes and 4 drop down boxes that covers such things as your name, address, email, details of your order etc
    If for example you believe that an error might have been made in typing the grooms fathers name on your certificate then all you would have to put in the Further Details box is something like the following

Certificate was typed and I am checking if an error was made
    I am querying grooms fathers name
    Certificate says John Smith could you please confirm that that is what the register says

That is a total of 181 characters.

One of the reasons in using this type of form is that it requires you to provide specific information to track your original order and the GROs response. If your email doesn't include the information as requested on the form then it makes it more difficult to respond to your query given that there are quite a few staff and perhaps 30,000 to 50,000 certificates have been issued since yours.

Andy

wonnig

I take your point, but there will be many instances that are not very simple and straightforward that will adequately describe and deal with the issue(s) concerned.

The initial boxes only cater for the basic information, (name address etc) that is required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12