Martin Lee

Smile NEW MEMBER BUT OLD HAND AT FAMILY HISTORY

Hi my name is Martin Lee, I was born in Torquay Devon but now live in Milton Keynes with my dear wife who unfortunately has Vascular Dementia and lives in a little world of her own but is well cared for by myself and my two sons and daughter.
    I spent 25 years in the Royal Air Force spending quite a time in the Far East the left in Oct 1883. I subsequenly joined a Water Chemical Company and was there as a Manager until being made redundant in 1996.
    I then joined a Security Company as a Guard come Officer before retireing 11 years later having had enough of what that job entailed. Since 2008 I have been happily retired doing all the things I had always wanted to do but a little restricted by my wife's illness. It was at this time that I purchased a couple of Family History magazines and after reading through them became ' hooked ' on the subject so decided to start delving into the families past. I have to admit that I have had a temporary stop for the past year or so to concentrate on my wife but recently became fed up with just sitting in the lounge in front of the TV getting bored out of my mind. I looked out all my research books and the family history book I had put together and took up the challenge once again.
    I am 68 years old and by building up a Family Tree I like to think that there will be some form of reference for future generations of my family to build on.
    I find each family fact I uncover very exciting and thoroughly enjoy every aspect of the hobby.

v.wells

Welcome to B-G Martin. I am sure you will find not only a wealth of help and information here, but some truly wonderful, friendly, compassionate folks. Family history is quite addictive and a great place to "get away" to.

Yeates

Dear Martin Lee,

I used to be associated with a county-based program, as a volunteer, to conduct seminars for caregivers. If boiling down these workshops into one of the important lessons: take time, even if only minutes, each day to renew yourself. Often the loving task of caregiving exhausts the hours in a day leaving little time for ourselves. I am sure this is something you and your family already realize. It is wonderful you have ‘rediscovered’ genealogy.

I had a line of family from Bucks---but down in Chesham. Also a line in eastern Cornwall, which is the closest I can relate to Devon.
    Welcome.
    Yeates

deeree

Welcome Martin, this is a great place to be and I'm sure you will enjoy your membership.

Best wishes,
    Desley