Colin Rowledge

Default Could this be a Transcription Error?

I have a christening for an Elizabeth Sainsbury daughter of John and Elizabeth on 24 November 1779 - taken from England and Wales Christening Records 1530-1906 on Ancestry. It shows the christening place as West Kington, Wiltshire. I cannot locate such a place and wonder if should read West Lavington? If it does then this lady could well have been born around 1776.

I have a potential marriage for one such person to a John Draper in West Lavington 24 May 1795 - taken from England and Wales Marriages 1538-1940 also on Ancestry. Would the Parish Record of that time provide the name of the father of the bride and groom?

I have a person named Mary Draper who is confirmed by the Wiltshire Family History Society as being born 2 July 1797 with parents John and Elizabeth.

I cannot seem to find out any more on the background of this family. If I am correct then this Mary Draper is my 3X gt-grandmother and died 1 April 1849.

If this duplicates another thread of mine, I'm sorry, but this is troublesome and I am hopeful of either confirming or eliminating her from my research.
    Last edited by Colin Rowledge; 24-10-2011 at 1:41 PM. Reason: added a bit more

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    I have a christening for an Elizabeth Sainsbury daughter of John and Elizabeth on 24 November 1779 - taken from England and Wales Christening Records 1530-1906 on Ancestry. It shows the christening place as West Kington, Wiltshire. I cannot locate such a place and wonder if should read West Lavington? If it does then this lady could well have been born around 1776.
    West Kington appears to exist. See this Genuki page here.

Family Search also have this christening record and looking at the film number, the record is from the parish church of West Kington. So unless there is some sort of collusoin between Ancestry and Family Search, West Kington is probably the correct place.

Brick wall demolition expert!

If this duplicates another thread of mine, I'm sorry, but this is troublesome and I am hopeful of either confirming or eliminating her from my research.
    You have at least two other threads that mention John DRAPER, Elizabeth SAINSBURY and/or Mary DRAPER.

The Draper family from Wiltshire

Wiltshire Marriage request - Parish Registers

Whether this thread should be added to the end one of your previous threads I don't know as I haven't read through them yet. I will have to do this later.

Colin Rowledge

Thanks, olliecat.

It would therefore appear that I have to go back to scratch on the parents of my Mary Draper.

Mutley

Thanks, olliecat.

It would therefore appear that I have to go back to scratch on the parents of my Mary Draper.
    In that case, seeing as the job is completed and to save the kindly Puddy Tat the work of going through your previous threads the dodgy ole dawg is going to close this thread!

If you think you can help Colin further, click the links given by Olliecat.