Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Colin Rowledge

Default Could this be a Transcription Error?

I have a christening for an Elizabeth Sainsbury daughter of John and Elizabeth on 24 November 1779 - taken from England and Wales Christening Records 1530-1906 on Ancestry. It shows the christening place as West Kington, Wiltshire. I cannot locate such a place and wonder if should read West Lavington? If it does then this lady could well have been born around 1776.

I have a potential marriage for one such person to a John Draper in West Lavington 24 May 1795 - taken from England and Wales Marriages 1538-1940 also on Ancestry. Would the Parish Record of that time provide the name of the father of the bride and groom?

I have a person named Mary Draper who is confirmed by the Wiltshire Family History Society as being born 2 July 1797 with parents John and Elizabeth.

I cannot seem to find out any more on the background of this family. If I am correct then this Mary Draper is my 3X gt-grandmother and died 1 April 1849.

If this duplicates another thread of mine, I'm sorry, but this is troublesome and I am hopeful of either confirming or eliminating her from my research.
    Last edited by Colin Rowledge; 24-10-2011 at 1:41 PM. Reason: added a bit more