geoffpowers

Default Kezia(h) Rendell, b1778, Beaminster

My wife is seeking details of the family of a Kezia(h) Rendell (Randell, Randle, Rentell, etc.) who, according to the 1851 Census, was born in Beaminster, Dorset, c.1778. There is some uncertainty about the spelling of Kezia's surname.

Kezia(h) married John Page in 1804 at St. James, Westminster. John's family was Congregationalist/Independent, and it's quite possible that Kezia(h) was also a member of an 'independent' church. Unfortunately the data available online for Beaminster Independents commences a little too late for our purposes.

Kezia died from bronchitis on 16 November 1858 in Thames Street, Kingston upon Thames. John died three days later.

We would be most grateful for information or leads which will enable us to progress our enquiry.

Jan1954

Hi Geoff,

Checking on Freereg, I have found the following baptism in Beaminster:

Keziah RAINDELL, 6TH April 1777, Father named Richard and mother Betty living in Beaminster and the Reverend Sam Fawcett seems to have done the deed.

Also recorded with the same parents are the baptisms of a couple of other children: Betty on 10th August 1779 and Richard on 22nd September 1782.

Another Richard was baptised on 26th December 1788 to the same parents so maybe the first one died.

There is a digital download of marriages available for a modest fee that covers Beaminster from 1686-1812. That could well cover the marriage of Richard and Betty, but even if not, there are plenty of other parishes on it to check!

geoffpowers

Jan

This is a RESULT! You are a wonder - Noreen is very impressed!

Strangely she had already picked up the marriage of Richard and Betty (Ward) - among others - by trawling through the parish register on IGI, but had not found the births of all of their children, so that information is especially valuable. We have not made much use of FreeReg for a while as our home patches were not well represented there when we last consulted it. Must do our homework!

Feeling 'cramped, cabined and constrain'd' (or whatever the Bard actually wrote) at present, as the builders are in the process of taking our lounge apart and putting it back together again. All over by next week - hopefully!

Thanks again!

Geoff

Jan1954

Hello Geoff,

I am so pleased that you and Noreen approve of my discovery! Also, that it seems to tie in with the marriage of Richard and Betty that she found.

Good luck with the builders - at least this appears to be one brick wall that they have not had their hands on.....

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpowers View Post
    Feeling 'cramped, cabined and constrain'd' (or whatever the Bard actually wrote) at present, as the builders are in the process of taking our lounge apart and putting it back together again. All over by next week - hopefully!

Geoff
    Only a week eh? I should have been so lucky!!!