bamagirl

Smile Returning after long absence

Hi, Ya'll.

From my handle you can guess I'm a redneck from the southern US, and you would be only partially correct. I live in L.A. (that's Lower Alabama) about 15 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico (home of hurricanes and oil spills ). I'm originally from the Atlantic coast and landed here via Colorado and Texas. My mother was from Boston and her roots go to Colonial New England, with tendrils in Canada, Scotland, Cornwall, Wiltshire, Hampshire and I don't know where else. I've been working my way backwards and find my research more and more "across the pond."

I registered here a few years back, but was never very active. I'm hoping to spend more time here, but as I've told the persistent Miss BoPeep, I'm a bit timid and perhaps a little slow joining in. So have a little patience with me while I get my feet wet. Eventually I'll be swimming with the sharks.

There. How was that?
    -Barb

Mutley

Perfect. Welcome aboard.

We won't throw you in at the deep end just yet, so sit back, have a cuppa and enjoy while you decide where best to ask your questions.

Good Luck

Nicolina

and it didn't hurt a bit.
    welcome back, you'll find us a friendly helpful lot so there's no need to be backward at coming forward.

bamagirl

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been poking about a bit. Already I have found some useful general info and search strategies and need to get in the habit of hitting the "thanks" button. Sorry.

I think I'm ready to post my list of surnames. If I forget some or uncover more would I edit the original post or make a new one?

... dipping that first toe in the water...

-Barb

Procat

You will need to create a second list with the new names on it. You can only edit a post for about 10 minutes after you have made it.

bamagirl

Thank you for that info. I'm sure as I follow some of these lines I'll uncover more surnames to research!
    Barb