Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: john langan

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by LANGO View Post
    How can I get hold of the marriage certificate?
    Lango, the marriage is already transcribed from the parish register in post #18. The civil certificate will give you exactly the same information, no more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by terrysfamily View Post

Try a few of these, Terry ............

LANGO

Dear Kerrywood,I thank you.It is definitely correct.This makes sense.I had not heard of any link with Oldham in our family.Birkenhead yes.Everyone has been fantastic.As I am new can you tell me where to get the marriage lines?

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    Try a few of these, Terry ............
    Think I'll try a few more first

Quote Originally Posted by LANGO View Post
    can you tell me where to get the marriage lines?
    As mentioned above, the information on the civil certificate will be identical with the transcript posted in #18 above.

You can order a marriage certificate either online from the General Register Office (GRO) or by post from LancashireBMD.

To order online from the GRO, first run a search on FreeBMD to find the index reference number for the marriage. Then register with the GRO site (link above), and fill in the order form accordingly. Cost £9.25.

Please come back and ask if you need more help with ordering.

EDIT: Just realised you are in Liverpool, so you might prefer to deal with the Liverpool Register Office instead.

LANGO

What a lot of fantastic information.I am now going to have a go with Ireland to see if I can establish where Thomas Langen(the name has changed:LANGAN LANGEN).Family folklore says we are from Dublin.Many thanks to you Kerrywood and everyone who has helped.Some of you are better than Columbo!!!!!

LANGO

Hello gang,How can I find where in Ireland Thomas LANGAN (Langen)was born.From help given he was born 1829 in Ireland and married Mary LANGAN born 1827 in Ireland.Children Mary LANGAN born 1851,Thomas LANGAN born 1853,JOHN LANGAN born 1858.

LANGO

Help.Give me the benefit of your expertise.How do I set about finding where Thomas and Mary originate from in the Emerald Isle?

Loves to help with queries

A copy of John and Margaret's 1880 marriage certificate will give you their fathers' names and occupations. They married at Our Lady, St Nicholas and St Anne's church, now the the parish church of Liverpool at the Pier Head. Registered in the Sept quarter 1880 volume 8b page 123 order online from https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/ or go to the Register Office Old Hall St.
    From the 1891 and 1901 census John was born Birkenhead and was a dock and general labourer.

Sue

Loves to help with queries

Lango

should have read the other replies before I posted......you already have this information.

Sue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123