Debbie Bozkurt

Default Charles Fauvel born @ 1825 St Helier

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help me, I have a Charles Fauvel born anywhere from 1823 to 1830 (quoted on census and death)St Helier (that is stable in the census) who appears in England in 1861 Southampton married to a Emily Woodford born nr Southampton(though no marriage can be found). I can find about 1 Charles Fauvel in St Helier born @ 1825 a painter married to Maria from Ireland in 1851 but he appears no longer on the later Jersey census which leads me to beleive this may be "my" Charles Fauvel. Also in 1871 Charles Fauvel in Southampton is described as a painter.

Even if the Charles Fauvel I found in St Helier is "my" Charles how do I go about finding his birth of his marriage in St Helier which may give me his parents name.

There appears to be nothing on line relating to parishes in Jersey.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Debs

Mutley

There are a few mentions of a Charles Fauvel on the Jersey Heritage Trust Site. No idea if he is yours but may be worth a look seeing as they mention baptisms.
    www.
    jerseyheritagetrust.jeron.je

Mutley

St Helier baptisms are here but sadly from 1842 - 1909
    www.
    guernsey-society.org.uk/

There are many Fauvel baptisms, perhaps you recognise a child of his.

However, I have not worked my way around the site, there may be more information on there.

Debbie Bozkurt

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    There are a few mentions of a Charles Fauvel on the Jersey Heritage Trust Site. No idea if he is yours but may be worth a look seeing as they mention baptisms.
    www.
    jerseyheritagetrust.jeron.je
    Thanks I did look there but nothing I don't think he had any children in Jersey and too early for himself, I was hoping they might have the marriages but couldn't find any Debs