Default Newspaper Extracts

I have been busy adding a lot more transcripts to the South African Newspaper Extracts at
    https://www.
    eggsa.org/newspapers/

One thing that made me smile was the Missing Relatives column in the magazine "South Africa". If you put Missing Relatives into the search facility with Exact Phrase ticked you will find these columns, where people in the UK were trying to find out what had happened to their relatives. It seems we are not the only ones with missing rellies It obviously worked occasionally too, as success stories were printed, so perhaps we should all be using local newspapers a bit more.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Colin Rowledge

Going to ask a 'stupid question', Sue but in your review of magazines, newspapers etc. for S.A. did you ever come across the name - Alfred Digby Fanning?

A simple - "yay' or 'nay' will suffice.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Going to ask a 'stupid question', Sue but in your review of magazines, newspapers etc. for S.A. did you ever come across the name - Alfred Digby Fanning?

A simple - "yay' or 'nay' will suffice.

Colin
    Nay . There is an A Fanning on the WW1 memorial plaque here but I think he is not your Alfred, as I think you posted that he died much later
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Nay . There is an A Fanning on the WW1 memorial plaque here but I think he is not your Alfred, as I think you posted that he died much later
    OK Thanks. It was a long shot at best, anyway

Colin