Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lynnelay

Almost certainly her. Age, address both fit. Thanks. Unfortunately Toxteeth park did not open until 1856 and John died betwee 1844 and 1851. So I will have to keep looking.

lynnelay

Anx has a burial in Childwall for a John Mitchell b c 1811 and died Dec 1845. I have looked at the record and abode was Allerton, which links. I have sent for the death certificate and will hold my breath and keep my fingers crossed. Will get back to you when it does.

Hi
    thanks for posting this update to your search of 3 years ago. It is good to hear about developments to queries and it also helps anyone else researching the same family who may come across your posts when using a search engine.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

lynnelay

Received the certificate from GRO (1 week they are quick these days). It is the correct John Mitchell. It has brought up some questions.
    The informant was the coroner from Prescot. He died from tetanus (7 days) caused from a wound on the first joint of the left thumb after falling on broken stones. He was a gardener.
    Can I find out anything about the Prescot coroner and was there an inquest? He died in Allerton but no address given.
    Date of death30 Nov 1845. Registered 5 Dec 1845. Any further help much appreciated. (I am putting this on other forums as well because of following up the original enquiry.)

Hi
    Here is The National Archives guide to coroner's reports.

The report may also have been in a local newspaper so it could pay to contact the Liverpool Archives who also say they have some coroners' reports but what years I don't know.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

lynnelay

Thanks for that Christanel. I will follow it up. I have a photo of John's headstone at All Saints Childwall. The church were so helpful and photographed the grave and e mailed it to me. It says he was a native of Banffshire in Scotland. This answers the question from the 1841 census as to whether he was born in Ireland or Scotland. Brilliant hey.

lynnelay

I am concerned that no body has posted on this site since 11 Aug. So I thought I would give you more info about John Mitchell bc 1811. I have his father's name as Alexander (From a marriage certificate) and when I looked on Scotlandspeople, for births in Banffshire there was only 1 baptism with a father Alexander. That was 20 Aug 1812 in Mortlach, Banffshire. Father Alexander, mother Annie Stuart. I do hope this is correct, because I think Mortlach is just by the Glenlivert distillery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12