samhuzz

Wink Hussey family from Limerick

Hello

I know its a long shot but I am looking for any other descendants from this family. In particular Thomas Hussey b 1830 who came to England in 1850s. The family lived in Whitechapel, London.

Regards

Sam Hussey

Mutley

Default Hussey

My great grandmothers sister Mary Horsnell married a Henry Hussey b 1855.
    They lived in Borough Road in 1891. In 1901 at Red Cross Street. The children were Charles and Mary. I do not know if he had an older brother called Thomas or the names of his parents as he is a twig I've not got around to following yet.
    There were quite a lot of them around.
    Regards

Mutley

P.S. I've also just realised that Mary's mother (Mary married to Frederick Horsnell) came from Cork and she lived with them for a time!
    Last edited by Mutley; 22-10-2006 at 9:32 PM. Reason: wrong name

samhuzz

Default Hussey

Thats funny as his grandson was a Joseph Henry Hussey and Joseph's son was a Henry Hussey! Her name wasn't Mary Donovan was it?

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by samhuzz
    Her name wasn't Mary Donovan was it?
    Ooh I don't know, wish I did. I just have to call her Irish Mary (she is my ggg grandmother). I discovered Henry Hussey as a witness on the marriage certificate of her daughter Margaret and Christopher Selby. At some point I intend to send for the marriage certificate of Henry and Mary 1884 Jan-Feb-Mar St Saviour Southwark 1d/180. That should give the names of the fathers. I will let you know.

samhuzz

Hello again Mutley

I've looked on the censuses again, and it seems that my Mary is also from Cork! Thomas is from Limerick. This is shown on the 1871 and 1881 censuses, but not the 1891 and 1901. They married in this country (I think) so I'll order their marriage cert to see what else I can find out. They had a lot of children!

Regards Samantha

Mutley

Hello Samantha,
    Henry Hussey was witness (signed his mark) to the marriage of Christopher Selby and Margaret Horsnell in St George's Catholic Cathedral in Southwark in December 1883.

He was born abt 1856 and married Mary Horsnell between then and 1891.

In 1891 he lived at 23 Kings Bench Walk, Southwark with his now wife Mary, Mother-in-law Mary from Cork and children Charles and Mary.
    RG12/347 Folio 9 Page 12

In 1901 they lived at 74 Red Cross Street with children Margaret, Mary, Annie and Sarah (Charles at abt. 14 years is not there). A Mary Hussey b. abt 1865, spinster sister of of Henry lived with them.
    RG13/366 Folio 14 Page 19

All these Marys gets very confusing. Hope the above helps if Henry is one of yours.
    Regards Mutley

yibadee

Hi Sam,
    Tried to contact you via ancestry.com also, I am descended from Thomas Hussey and Mary Donovan also

yibadee AT iinet DOT net DOTau
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 04-04-2011 at 2:48 AM. Reason: disguised email address to prevent spammers

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Ooh I don't know, wish I did. I just have to call her Irish Mary (she is my ggg grandmother). I discovered Henry Hussey as a witness on the marriage certificate of her daughter Margaret and Christopher Selby. At some point I intend to send for the marriage certificate of Henry and Mary 1884 Jan-Feb-Mar St Saviour Southwark 1d/180. That should give the names of the fathers. I will let you know.
    Possibly going slightly off-topic.....

Hi Mutley,
    I know you were last seen about 1.00am today setting off to explore the deepest records on behalf of another FM, but if you're back did you ever send for the marriage of Henry and Mary? If not, it's on Ancestry's London marriages.
    Pam