wobblybox82

Cool From across the pond

Hi All,

I'm Bill WATHEN, Florida, USA. You know, Florida, where there are hundreds of miles of white, sandy beaches, warm breezes, oranges, grapefruit, and a lot of old people like myself. I'm a retired radio and TV broadcaster, and since the passing of my father this year, I've been taking care of my 95-year old mother. Challenging. For the past seven years or so, I've been researching my roots which I believe are in the UK. So far, it's not been any kind of overwhelming success. So, I'm hoping that by joining b-g.com I may be able to find more information about my ancestors. If not, at least this will give me the opportunity to meet new people and hopefully establish some online friendships. So, the best to everyone and let's have a good time.

Best regards,

bill

strawberrymivvy

Welcome Bill, this is just the site to give you a kickstart with your research, be it a nudge in the right direction or help bashing down a brick wall.

wobblybox82

Thank you so much. I'll start at the beginner's page as you suggest.

bill

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by wobblybox82 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm Bill WATHEN, Florida, USA.
    For the past seven years or so, I've been researching my roots which I believe are in the UK. So far, it's not been any kind of overwhelming success. So, I'm hoping that by joining b-g.com I may be able to find more information about my ancestors. If not, at least this will give me the opportunity to meet new people and hopefully establish some online friendships. So, the best to everyone and let's have a good time.

Best regards,

bill
    Hiya Bill and welcome to B-G. From your post you and I have had a similar last few years.

95% of my successes have been directly attributable to the members here and while I still have aways to go yet and father time may eventually stop me, I couldn't have done it without them and in addition, I've made more friends in the few years I've been a member than I did in the past 48 years living in Southern Ontario.

As the saying goes, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" and this bunch will definitely 'get going' for you!!

Cheers
    Colin