I have just recently been told that my great grandfather was killed in a quarry accident.
William Thomas 1841 - 1881. Bitterly. Shropshire.
1881 BDM. page 311. William Thomas. Registration District, Ludlow. 3rd qtr 1881. Jul-Aug-Sept.
No details have been given as to which quarry and how it happened.
Would there be a record somewhere to confirm this accident.
- County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands.
- England - Counties (Chapman Code - ENG)
- Shropshire (Chapman Code - SAL)
- Shropshire county-wide forum
- Possible Quarry death 1881
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Possible Quarry death 1881
19-08-2011 5:48 PM #1Knowledgeable and helpful
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Possible Quarry death 1881
19-08-2011 6:24 PM #2Reputation beyond repute
- Join Date
- Oct 2004
- Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,465 Posts
You need the death certificate for a start. If that doesn't provide the answer, it will confirm whether there was an inquest. You can use this information to research further (coroner's records if extant or local press)
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Goodey For This Useful Post:
David Annis (19-08-2011)