Thread: TROWE/BROWN

silverdigger

Default TROWE/BROWN

Hello again people.

I have been quiet for a while as I have been gadding about for a few months and now back picking up the 'ones that got away'.

As I have drawn a blank with this branch of my tree I was wondering if anyone else was researching the Trowe family around 1700-1800 in Munslow, Shropshire. My particular interest is in Sarah Trowe who married William Brown in 1758 in Diddlebury, Munslow witnesses William Smith and John Lewis.

In one entry on Familysearch Sarah is given as being 'of Munslow' and born around 1737, but so far I have not been able to confirm her date or place of birth and therefore, her parents or siblings.

Any information on the Trowe or Brown families living around that area and at that time might be of help in solving the mystery of William and Sarah's family origins. The names of Sarah and William's known children were:

William chr 06/01/1759, Richard 26/09/1762, Ann 07/04/1769, Rebecca 10/11/1771, Mary 26/08/1774, all born Munslow - Sarah b 1773 Munslow was buried 23/10/1811 Munslow.

Many thanks

Silverdigger

Brick wall demolition expert!

Posts in the 'Surname Interest' board are closed after the first post as they are purely for declaring particular surname interests. As your post is more in the nature of a research query, I have moved it to the Shropshire forum. If you wish it moved to a different forum then do let us know.

silverdigger

thanks very much, must admit I was a little unsure if I'd put it in the right place.

birdlip

Hi there,

I found this baptism, which I think is possibly another child for William and Sarah:

27 Jul 1766 Sarah BROWN, parents Willm and Sarah BROWN, Holdgate Shropshire C14596-1

She fits neatly in between Richard 1762 and Ann 1769. According to Genuki, Holdgate is 2.8 miles WSW of Munslow. If so, presumably she died young, and the next Sarah (1773) was named after her.

None of which helps you get back another generation though, sorry. Family Search shows William and Dorothy TROWE baptising children between 1731 and 1737 at Neen Savage, and John and Susanna (and/or Ursula) between 1732 and 1736 much closer at Ditton Priors. I expect you've seen these? No Sarah though

silverdigger

Hello Birdlip,

You have come up with the same as me. I didn't include Sarah 1766, because like you I assumed that she died. I also found William and Dorothy, and John and Susanna - this is why they are my 'ones that got away'. Don't like being beaten, but I think this lot are winning at the moment.

Many thanks for your interest, hopefully someone else will come up with a link I've missed eventually.

Best wishes

Silverdigger