Thread: Hello!

JacquiF

Default Hello!

Hello to all on the forum. i am jacqui and live with my husband and 4 year old on the isle of lewis. We moved here from Central Scotland last year to run a croft. Both my dh, john, and i have been researching our family trees for many years, and we have done quite well - mainly because most of our anscestors were Scots and the SP website, and the Records office are excellent. I find the research bug comes in intermittent waves - we leave it for months or even a year, and then something triggers it off and we are consumed again, but hitting the same walls as before. I came across this site while randomly and desperately googling in the information we have on my husband's mother's family. I didn't find the answer, but I did think what a helpful bunch of people lived here. i will browse around first and post my brick wall query later on.
    xx

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Jacqui, sounds a little like harvesting, but so familiar too. Browse away & post away when the feeling is right. Enjoy.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Hugh Thompson

Lovely to have you with us Jacqui, hope you have very good luck.
    Good hunting.
    Hugh.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Jacqui
    Welcome to Brit -Gen. I look forward to reading your posts and we will try and help if we can.
    Hubby and I are off to the highlands in two weeks, our first real taste of Scotland. I know I am going to love it.
    Good Luck with the family tree.
    ELMA