Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bsward

I found my Great-great-great-great-Grandmother! Her entire 36 year career as a Ladies Waiting Room Attendant at Portsmouth station was fully document, as was her subsequent receipt of moneys from the Benevolent Fund! Also found my Great-great-great-grandfather (her son) - he worked for a year as a railway telegraph clerk, before then doing the same at the post office.

Pretty impressed with these records, ignoring the awful state of the transcriptions. Almost all approximate birth years as they have simply subtracted age from date of starting work, ignoring the fact that the age column asked for age in a specific year... Several mainline railway stations also wrongly transcribed, including Portsmouth on one occasion!

Still, a great set of records to have digitised. And... it suggests on the videos page that they'll be releasing the Apprentice Records soon which WAP transcribed quite a while ago!

These employment records are a good decision by Ancestry, I think. I'd always rather add interesting information on closer relatives than simply names going further back which is typically what I end up with from parish records, and they were pretty inaccessible previously.

Ben

Pete85

I guess these records aren't available with the Essentials subscription(which I have)? Does anyone know if they will at some stage be made available to Essentials subscribers?
    I'm not sure if the family I'm looking for would be there but would have been nice to check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12