Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Findem

Hi all,

New, new, new date is possibly 7th of November, apparently the ERO came up against some technical hurdles so now they are hoping for the 7th of November, they will not be announcing any more release dates.

Regards

AussieJen

Essex Records Office has confirmed they have a record i need however i need to go in person to look at it...wish i could afford the plane fare from Australia. Be great if they had everything available to search from home 1930+ would be great :-)

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Have you asked specifically if they can send you a photocopy or scan of the document?

www.
    essex.gov.uk/Libraries-Archives/Record-Office/Using-Searchroom/Making-copies-documents/Pages/Default.aspx

A form can be downloaded and filled in by remote researchers.

Findem

Hi all,

The Essex SEAX online PRs are now Pay to View, unfortunately the later year PRs are not yet online, so what you are paying for currently are only what were previously Free to View.

Regards

Findem

Hi All,

Checked out SEAX today and they have some of the later date Essex PRs online now, not sure what the percentage would be, I only checked a couple, Coggeshall and Thaxted. Coggeshall looks complete although there is a cut off date of 1958 for marriages, currently the ERO have no plans to include marriages post 1957 for any Essex parish. Thaxted I found not yet complete although could well be in a short time I suppose. The site has a user guide and FAQs

Regards.

RobinC

I've just had a look at Victoria Docks and there doesn't seem to be any burial records, are they going to be added in the future?

Reputation beyond repute

I've just had a look at Victoria Docks and there doesn't seem to be any burial records, are they going to be added in the future?
    Are there any?

Churches thereabouts date from after the mid 19th century when burials in that area would normally be found in cemeteries rather than churchyards. East London Cemetery, Plaistow might be a good place to start

sueannbowen

It seems that the helpful drop-down menu of parishes is gone from the new search page. That is a nuisance.

No it hasn't you now have to click on Essex Ancestors on the right hand side and there is it again.
    Last edited by sueannbowen; 06-11-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: update

Findem

Hi All,

Just received the following info from the ERO regarding Time-Outs

"Essex Ancestors:Issue of Timing-Out
    Some subscribers have reported that after about 20 minutes browsing the images of a single parish register, they have been thrown back to the first image in the set. For the protection of its customers, the County Council's online systems cut out after 20 minutes of inactivity and unfortunately browsing within a single register does not count as 'activity'. For Essex Ancestors customers the limit has now been raised to 60 minutes. Beyond this you may need either to re-select your image or to log-in again. If anyone has further problems of this kind, please let us know at [email protected]."

Regards.

sueannbowen

Interesting. I have had that happen every time and sometimes more than once and I thought it was something at my end. Thanks for letting us know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast