Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    randjmay

Default YEOVIL, SOMERSET

I wonder if anyone can help me with locating Parish Records for YEOVIL, Somerset - In particular i am looking for the years from 1700 onwards and covering BMD. My brick wall seems unbreakable at the moment - in that I am unable to find any information on William ALLEN who i believe married Frances GARD - their third born child Frances Allen was baptised 16 July 1803 in Yeovil, and it is from this Christening Record that my information is taken. Maternal Grandfather was Giles GARD. I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Hollytree

Ian Sage's website gives you some info to the location of any online records https://
    myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ian.sage/PR/pr_index.html which might help.

Anne

jusnoneed

FreeReg has a marriage William Allen and Frances Phillips 31 May 1795 St Johns Church, but cannot find Frances Gard.
    Baptisms for a couple of children with parents William and Frances Phillips.

randjmay

Thank you for replying - i did see this record on FreeReg - and have wondered about it - I only have the surname GARD because its on a baptism record - so i am wondering maybe Frances was previously married to William - Thanks again for your help - sorry if i am late in replying -

Famous for offering help & advice

Free reg has this marriage in Yeovil St John 3 Apr 1793 - Mark Phillips to Frances Guard. A possible first marriage for Frances?

JenniLl

If you are still searching I will be going to the Heritage Centre (Somerset Record Office / Archives) on Friday if you would like me to look to clarify anything.

Jenni

randjmay

This email may arrive too late for your trip - but, if not - this is the information i have that gives me reason to think Frances wife of William Allen is a GARD - the actual baptism record is for the Daughter of Frances and William - her name is Frances Allen - Birth date 16 July 1803 - Place Yeovil, Somerset, Eng - Father's Name William Allen - Mother's name is Frances - Maternal Grandfather's name GILES GARD and that i am afraid is it.

thank you

Jacqui

JenniLl

I will take the details and see what I can find!

Jenni

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by JenniLl View Post
    I will take the details and see what I can find!

Jenni
    Hi Jenni - re the possible marriage in 1793 in post no 6 - if you have time might be useful to also look for a death/burial of Mark Phillips between 1793 and 1795. Although the marriage was at St Johns Yeovil, Mark's parish was Preston. So could look at Yeovil, Preston or adjacent parishes for that death (if it happened). A later death for Mark Phillips (after 1795) would suggest that Frances Guard/Phillips did not go on to marry William Allen

JenniLl

Thank you for that Grisel, I can see that I am going to have an interesting day!

Jenni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast