WIGAN

Unhappy Music Hall Artistes 1930's. Scotland

In this photo. Is my Grandmother Margaret Collins (nee McCluskey)and her sister.Central.

Does anyone have any of these people in their family photographs?

If so I would love to be able to put names to them. And love to hear from you.

The Troupe used to tour Scotland, and farther afield I think. They used to play in Village Halls, Town Halls throughout Scotland. My Grandmother lived in Glasgow. So I presume the others came from there too. But would love to know.

I have been on the Scotland Music Hall Society website. Also the Mitchell Library, University. But nothing there to help.

Any thoughts would be a great help. As to find anything about this group of entertainers.
    Last edited by WIGAN; 17-07-2011 at 2:21 PM. Reason: NO PHOTO

Hi Wigan,
    This forum doesn't allow the up;oading of photographs to threads. to get a photograph into a thread it has to be put onto another website like Flickr of photobucket and then you can put a link to it in the thread. the instructions on how to do this are to be found in this thread take a look at Mary's clear instructions and then everyone will be able to share your picture
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

WIGAN

Many thanks for your thoughts.
    I had in fact a few weeks ago, contacted the site. re photos.

Mary's info re photo's, was given to me.

I regstered at Photobucket a few ago. But haven't had time to sort it out until today.

When I was typing my message my photobucket details were at the head of the message. I had followed the details by Mary. as best as I could.
    And to my upper most dissapointment no URL. I contacted Bo Peep immediatly. To which I am awaiting a reply.

Many thanks Ladkyis

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Click this link to see Wigan's photo.

Quote Originally Posted by WIGAN View Post
    . I contacted Bo Peep immediatly. To which I am awaiting a reply.
    Bo Peep is a little pushed at the moment so you'll have to rely on us moderators to see you through. If it gets technical I might just slink away
    I see that kerrywood has provided a link so I shall go and liik at the picture right now!

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi there.

Have you thought of sending the photo to one of the Scottish papers? The one that comes to mind is the Sunday Post which often has nostalgic Scottish stories. Although based in Dundee (I think) it is widely read all over the country and is very popular with older people.

WIGAN

What a brilliant idea. Yes, I will look into that. Anything is worth a try.
    I know my late mother used to read that paper.

Thank you so much.