Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tony Roach

Till,
    An Amazing find.
    I have watched this thread with great interest, but, as yet can’t see any response from Zane.
    I wonder if Zane has actually got this message. If not, is there another way of relaying the information.
    The thread is an astounding piece of information & had just dropped off the page.
    This praiseworthy contribution is too precious to suffer that fate.

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Roach View Post
    I wonder if Zane has actually got this message. If not, is there another way of relaying the information.
    If Zane has email notification of when posts to which he is subscribed are added, then he should receive one. However, if you click on his user-name, the drop-down list has both private message and email facilities enabled.

zane

Till, firstly sorry about the delay in replying I am overseas and have been since beg of March and up until now the internet access has been limited, but am now here in France for the last week and have reasonable access and whilst hubby is working I am trying to spend some time catching up on the family tree.

Thank you so much for the information I have also been in contact with a James Beachill who still lives in Conisbrough and runs the Consiborough and Denaby Main Local History Site, and he has managed to email some of the very valuable information, it was a very interesting read, he has actually put the story up on his site, I certainly would like a copy of the information that you have, if you are still happy to send or email it to me that would be great, if you want to post then I can send you a letter with a prestamped envelope to save you the postage, or if you would like to email it then I can provide you with an email address, thank you very much Till, oh ps everyone I am a female (everyone makes the mistake, my mum was a fan of Zane Grey and I was going to be Zane whatever sex I turned out to be)

till

Hello Zane,
    Glad to hear from you. I am a Louis L'Amour fan but never caught on to the Zane Grey bug. I was born in Denaby Main, one street over from Joseph Straw. I delivered papers to him when I was a kid. I came to the U.S. in 1965 and spent 10 years in Kenya, East Africa as a missionary. On one of my trips back to England, I salvaged this information on the miners which was going to be destroyed. I thought they deserved more than that. I glad to be able to put some of the information to use. I will be glad to send you a copy of the information by the post. My email address is hoult AT hotmail DOT com. No need to send postage. If you will email me your address, I well be glad to send you the info. Nice to get to know another Brit. The word Till was supposed to be Tilly, after my mother but the "y" didn't go in. Looking forward to hearing from you. David Hoult
    Last edited by Jan1954; 27-03-2012 at 5:18 AM. Reason: Email address edited to try to foil the spammers

zane

Hi Till,

I will email you my address, it is amazing what people throw away isn't it?

We have just been to the UK, so had a quick look round the area again, unfortunately though time was limited so didn't get done what we would have liked, still there is always next time!

Thanks very much for your help, this site is very useful isn't it?

Regards

Zane

wendelina15

hi zane, i think i might me more use to you than others as the said .joseph henry straw was my grandad,was a bit shocked to find a picture of my grandparents headstone on here.

zane

Hi Wendelina,

I will pm you

Thanks

Zane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12