Ali from NZ

Cool Kimber from Burbage, Wilshire.

Hello,
    I'm trying to track down my Kimber family from East Grafton / Burbage area.

I have good info up to ...
    (1st Generation)
    James Kimber
    - Born: c. 1786, Burbage, Wiltshire
    - Married: (1st) Elizabeth Haywood
    7 Nov. 1808, Great Bedwyn, Wiltshire
    (2nd) Hannah Jones
    16 Aprl 1836, East Grafton, Wiltshire
    - Died: 1854, Wiltshire, England

(2nd Generation)
    James Kimber's parents
    James Kimber and Rachel Dixon- they were married on the 25 Sept. 1786, Burbage,Wiltshire
    This James was also married twice - 2nd marriage to Sarah Hillard on the 30 Sept. 1792, Burbage, Wilsthire.

(3rd Generation)
    James Kimber's parents
    This is were it gets interesting - the above James Kimber's mother is Frances Kimber and she married Thomas Bartholomew on the 2 Nov. 1760 at Burbage, Wilshire, meanwhile her son James Kimber was Bapt. on the 8 October 1760, a couple of weeks before his mothers wedding.
    I’m not sure why James took his mother’s maiden name of Kimber and not his father’s name of Bartholomew – unless Thomas is not James’s natural father and Thomas married Frances and raised James as a step-son. Going by James’s christening date (Oct. 1760), he was at lest a couple of months old when Frances and Thomas married in Nov 1760.

(4th Generation)
    Frances Kimber's parents are
    James Kimber and Frances _____ they were married c. 1729, Burbage, Wiltshire
    - James was born c. 1706, Burbage, Wiltshire.

So I'm hoping that someone might be able to search the Burbage Parish Records for me and fill in some gaps of births, deaths, siblings etc.

Thank you
    Ali from NZ

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Ali from NZ View Post
    I'm hoping that someone might be able to search the Burbage Parish Records for me and fill in some gaps of births, deaths, siblings etc.
    You can do it yourself here:

https://www.
    burbage-wiltshire.co.uk/family/family.htm

Besides parish register transcripts there's much more there: for example, an index to people named in wills (there are some Kimbers there, I see).

Ali from NZ

Default Kimber from Burbage

Thank you for your help, I just put the jug on for a cuppa and its all go
    Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    You can do it yourself here:

https://www.
    burbage-wiltshire.co.uk/family/family.htm

Besides parish register transcripts there's much more there: for example, an index to people named in wills (there are some Kimbers there, I see).

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Kimber

Quote Originally Posted by Ali from NZ View Post
    Hello,
    I'm trying to track down my Kimber family from East Grafton / Burbage area.

I have good info up to ...
    (1st Generation)
    James Kimber
    - Born: c. 1786, Burbage, Wiltshire
    - Married: (1st) Elizabeth Haywood
    7 Nov. 1808, Great Bedwyn, Wiltshire
    (2nd) Hannah Jones
    16 Aprl 1836, East Grafton, Wiltshire
    - Died: 1854, Wiltshire, England

(2nd Generation)
    James Kimber's parents
    James Kimber and Rachel Dixon- they were married on the 25 Sept. 1786, Burbage,Wiltshire
    This James was also married twice - 2nd marriage to Sarah Hillard on the 30 Sept. 1792, Burbage, Wilsthire.

(3rd Generation)
    James Kimber's parents
    This is were it gets interesting - the above James Kimber's mother is Frances Kimber and she married Thomas Bartholomew on the 2 Nov. 1760 at Burbage, Wilshire, meanwhile her son James Kimber was Bapt. on the 8 October 1760, a couple of weeks before his mothers wedding.
    I’m not sure why James took his mother’s maiden name of Kimber and not his father’s name of Bartholomew – unless Thomas is not James’s natural father and Thomas married Frances and raised James as a step-son. Going by James’s christening date (Oct. 1760), he was at lest a couple of months old when Frances and Thomas married in Nov 1760.

(4th Generation)
    Frances Kimber's parents are
    James Kimber and Frances _____ they were married c. 1729, Burbage, Wiltshire
    - James was born c. 1706, Burbage, Wiltshire.

So I'm hoping that someone might be able to search the Burbage Parish Records for me and fill in some gaps of births, deaths, siblings etc.

Thank you
    Ali from NZ
    Hi,

I’ve not used this site before but randomly found this ( not sure I’m replying properly) Go on a site called family search there is a ready made family tree! Search James Duck kimber ☺️

Hi Ali and welcome to the Brit-Gen forums.

Unfortunately this is an old thread and the original poster is no longer a member of Brit-Gen as indicated by the word 'Guest' under their avatar. This means we don't hold any information for them so they will not receive notification of your helpful post.
    Now you have taken the trouble to join us why not take a look around and if you need any help with a troublesome ancestor start your own thread and our sleuths will get on to it.
    Of course if you can help someone else join in.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs